Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure why everyone is into this? Is there something I should know?:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2004, 12:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Maybe because of the SLS or S..... Laurelth Sulfate look on the ingredient list, I can't remember how to spell it. Anyway, it is carcinogenic, etc.

We just use Castile soap. Works great.... biodegradable, can use it as toothpaste, body wash, diluted of coarse. Tea tree can help with lice, you can get almond, lavender, etc. at Health Food stores.

try it, you' like itll
Old 03-26-2004, 01:39 AM

Quote:
I am not sure why everyone is into this? Is there something I should know?
:LOL
We're all a little strange, maybe?

1) Yup, SLS - sodium laureth sulfate. Who needs it?

2) Even many "organic" shampoos have synthetic ingredients and it's just plain misleading labeling! Some of us are quite peeved about that.

3) It's cheap. Can't argue with cheap.

4) It's actually fun to experiment, kind of like a getting reacquainted with your own unique head of hair. I haven't paid this much attention to my hair since I was a teenager and this time around I'm a lot happier!

I second the castile soap thing, it works, but I personally find it very drying so I'll only use it if I'm a specially bad greasepit or have put electric blue temporary color on my hair or something.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:12 AM

The theory is that shampooing strips your hair/scalp of it's natural oils. So your scalp reacts by putting out even more oil, so your hair gets greasy, you wash it, stripping more oil, your scalp puts out even more . . . . . . blah blah blah. The idea is, if you cut out the poo, you stop the cycle and your hair will revert to it's natural state. Eventually It takes longer with some people than with others.

Some people have drier or oilier hair to begin with. I think if your hair tends to be dry, this wouldn't be such an issue. My hair has always been on the oily side, so when I shampooed, my scalp really chugged out the oil in response : Stopping the poo has really been a change! I don't use poo and I'm now *less* oily. Whoda thunkit! I still wash everyday, I just don't use shampoo.

If you are just avoiding chemicals then bronner's or some other type of soap or natural shampoo is a good idea. If you want to try out the natural hair thing, then don't use soap either.

But I also think most people are trying it just because it sounded so out there they had to give it a go. I know that's why *I'm* doing it :LOL

User Tag List