ACV for acne - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-23-2010, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've always had acne-prone skin and now that i'm in the 30's, nothing's changed.  My skin is only more sensitive (ie. dry and flaky if i use soap/cleanser but oily all the rest of the time).  Last year, i was researching up and down trying to find a cure for my sudden cystic acne (that's the kind that's deep, painful and leaves long-lasting pimples).  I read books, websites, posted on here, changed my diet, changed my cleansing routines, etc. and nothing worked until i started drinking apple cider vinegar.  My skin cleared up within days and no more cystic acne.  I eventually stopped drinking it, as my skin problems were gone and sure enough, a year later, i started having problems again, so i started drinking ACV again, and it cleared up--again.  A week ago, i would've been embarrassed for anyone outside of my family to see me without make-up, now i'm going out without make-up.

I put a splash of ACV in a tall glass of water and drink this 2 or 3 times per day.

There's some info on here about it, but also on earthclinic.com.

Just wanted to share.  :)

#2 of 6 Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Wow, good to know.

I have very sensitive skin, meaning I get weird rashes and reactions pretty easily....and I also sometimes have had bad acne. Luckily, not for years, but every now and then a nasty cystic style pimple appears. I wonder if drinking ACV would clear up just one or two like that as well? Or at least shorten the time they're there? I'll give it a go, thanks!

BTW I believe the times I've had bad acne were emotionally influenced, looking back. That and bad genetics (my mom and brother also had).

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#3 of 6 Old 11-27-2010, 08:47 AM

I've had cystic acne as well for several years now, and nothing I've tried has made it better.  I'll give this a shot and let you know how it goes.  smile.gif

9/2011 items decluttered
#4 of 6 Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 AM

thanks for sharing. I've had issues with acne for the past 10 years.....prob due to hormones, given that I've been either pregnant and/or nursing since 2000!!!! Now that my youngest weaned it flared again. It never more than one or two, but it gets annoying after a bit.

Will try this to see how it goes.

#5 of 6 Old 12-16-2010, 10:18 PM

do you drink a splash of it in a tall glass of water 2 or 3 times a day? or just one glass of water that you drink through the day? I really want to try this. your acne sounds exactly like mine. i'm so burned out on the never ending quest to cure it. i can't even pinpoint breakouts to when my cycle is - seems like it's the worst around ovulation but it's not like skin is totally clear when I'm not ovulating. so frustrating.

#6 of 6 Old 12-17-2010, 08:10 AM

You drink 2-3 glasses of ACV + water each day.  I haven't been very good about doing this yet, but I have to say that when I do this several days in a row, I don't get new pimples.  I'm going to try very hard to keep this up for a few weeks.

As an aside, I used to drink crazy amounts of soda/pop every day and actually had very good skin during that time (though my teeth were another story!).  I wonder if there's something about ingesting acidic beverages that improves skin condition?

9/2011 items decluttered

Tags
Skin Care , Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page