Vain 40ish Momma's - Join Me - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-28-2010, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Help - I think I'd like to try an anti-wrinkle regimen but I have no idea where to start.  I've earned the wrinkles but I'm thinking maybe I need to treat myself a little and take better care of my skin.

Lay it on me - what's your favorite treatment?  Over the counter, brand name, home made???

#2 of 10 Old 11-28-2010, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

unfortunately i belong to the 'what goes inside' is what matters.

really not trying to pontificate here...

but let me tell you when i eat well i G L O W.

when i dont the wrinkles and colouring blotches on skin show up.

uhmmm i am done with make up and shaving so i do nothing. 

unfortunately lots of water and fiber and veggies just might be the key.

seriously that's what i have noticed others notice in me.

i am kinda oblivious to all that. 

*sigh* right now i have the dry frizzy old people winter hair i am struggling with. my beautiful soft and silky hair is GONE!!!!

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#3 of 10 Old 11-29-2010, 06:48 AM

notes.gif

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#4 of 10 Old 11-29-2010, 07:09 PM

I've been using antiwrinkle creams now for a couple of years and I'm in my early 30's.  I suggest heading over to Sephora and speaking to an associate.  Or finding a spa that you love and having a facial/skin analysis and then going from there.  I personally love Korres and Jurlique.  The latter is very spendy but incredible.  I have used more synthetic treatments like Murad...their supposed to be a good brand.  I also love Origins.  I have two close friends that are aestheticians(sp) so they've been giving me products for years. 

Anyways, good luck.

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#5 of 10 Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 AM

I'm almost 43 and I use plain old sheah butter and olive oil. And believe me, that's a "high maintenance" regimen for me! I could (would) never spend the kind of money it would take if I was doing half the upkeep I'm supposed to be doing at my age. I agree with meemee, water and veggies (and sleep)! are better than any wrinkle cream. But I get the urge to "do something." There's so much pressure. And it does feel good to pamper yourself, even a little.

Not sure what to do about the sun, personally. Mostly I wear hats, but sunscreen on my face too. My skin is pretty good for my age, but it's ridiculously oily.

#6 of 10 Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 AM

My mom's advice is to always use a heavy moisturizer before bed.  I don't think she's ever used pricey brands - usually Oil of Olay - but even in her late 50s she was still getting carded when she bought wine!  Also, staying out of the sun as much as possible, she's always had fair skin and was careful never to get sunburned and she never tanned.  I'm 31 and am religiously using sunscreen on my face and hands every day (15 spf during the winter and 50+ during the spring/summer) and am careful to always wash and moisturize my face before bed. 

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#7 of 10 Old 11-30-2010, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Great ideas!  Anyone out there use Oil of Olay anti wrinkle products???

#8 of 10 Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I thought I'd try the rosehip seed oil after reading rave reviews on a thread here.  (Just search the forum for rosehip seed oil or RHSO, it's a huge thread.)  I've been using the RHSO on one side of my face and a control cream (Avalon organics) on the other side for three weeks.  No differences yet but I'm giving it some more time.

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

#9 of 10 Old 12-11-2010, 02:42 PM

I LOVE Dr. Weil's products. They are very 'green' and work great. Orgins is a very enviro friendly company. I use Mega Mushroom serum and a cream and an eye cream. All wonderful!! I get compliments on my skin.

Sleep, H2O and staying out of sun helps too. 

#10 of 10 Old 12-13-2010, 06:44 PM

I am in my early 40s and I also believe what goes inside is what shows on the outside. Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (variety!) and drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep on a regular basis.

And, of course, no smoking, treat skin gently, etc. Drinking excessive alcohol will damage capillaries and create ruddy skin. And so on...

Beyond those, I use:

Jason rosewater soap for hands and face

Heritage rosewater

my own eye "cream" (blend of several oils, including rose hip seed)

coconut oil

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Tags
Skin Care , Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page