makeup - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wear makeup every day but I just buy conventional products I can easily get at Walmart, Target, etc. What kind of makeup can I choose that's more "responsible" or eco-friendly? I don't mind paying a bit more. It doesn't have to be ultra crunchy, since it's probably not crunchy to wear makeup anyway.

Awesome SAHM to 5-yr-old son,3-yr-old girl and a baby girl. Blog about my home http://azaleastudio.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-27-2010, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a natural make-up kind of person myself. I don't like putting a bunch of petrochemicals on my skin - and we won't even discuss the fact that you EAT most of your lipstick! Some brands that I have found so far:

www.meowcosmetics.com. Mineral make-up with some really fun names. Huge selection, and no petrochemicals. To give you an idea, they have somethign like 86 foundation shades, somewhere close to a dozen different undertones and then several grades of darkness within each undertone grouping.

www.buffd.com. I haven't used this brand, yet, just recently found it, but they offer all natural mineral make-up in very pretty colors.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/. Another brand that I haven't used yet but that uses only natural ingredients.

There's also a website: http://www.holisticbeauty.net/ that is kind of like Sephora, a make-up department store only they specialize in natural brands. I've used some of the lipsticks offered on their site and am very happy with them - most of the issues I've had was with me selecting colors that don't work for me.

Also, I know that Meow and Holistic Beauty offer sample sizes of most if not all of their products, and I think the other 2 do as well.

And a word about the foundations offered. Meow has a discussion board that you can get color rec's and a woman on their board who is amazing at helping you decide which foundations to try. She saved me a ton of time (and money) because what I ended up being was a color that was NOT one I would have tried left to my own devices. Silk Naturals you mix your own mineral foundation and I hear that they also have discussion boards and people who can help you get the mix right.

Tags
Natural Body Care , Skin Care

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page