For those who use the OCM (oil cleansing method), question for you! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-28-2010, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just started using OCM with the help of some generous ladies here!!  and I was wondering how long before you started noticing an improvement with your complexion?  Did you have to change up what oils you are using?  Right now, I am starting with olive oil, jojoba oil and apricot oil.  I am not a fan of the scent of olive oil and was thinking of getting some almond or avocado oil instead.

I did my first cleansing tonight and so far it has been wonderful!!  I rubbed the rest of the oil that was on my fingertips into my hands to moisturize them too.

Lynn, wife to Jason  SAHM to Nate, Riley and Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 PM

Everyone is different.  Some get break outs before their skin starts to balance out.  Give it a few weeks.

I'm not keen on the olive smell either.  It's also a heavier oil and unless you have extremely dry skin, it may not be your best option.

I pretty much stick with jojoba/castor, though I have added sunflower to the mix.

What we think we become.
#3 of 4 Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 AM

I noticed a change almost immediately, but I have also battled acne for 30 years now, so for me, I noticed that plugs and stuff alsmost slid out of my skin just by running the oil in. but long term benefits, I say they took 2-3 weeks to notice any real change. But as PP mentioned, it's going to be different for everyone.

Likewise, as PP mentioned, you might want to play with different oils. I use a extra light olive oil and it has almost no smell, so since it's so cheap, that's why I use it in my mix. it works for my skin, but you might want to play with different oils and mixtures until you find one that best suits you and your needs.

best of luck, please do keep us updated on your results.

** I also have used honey in the past, it's yummy way to wash your face and have also added baking soda for a good scrub/ exfloiant with the honey as well. I don't use the honey as often as the oil, but do use it from time to time.

Between using plain water, honey, honey & baking soda and OCM, I really don't use any other cleaners on my face anymore. i do still use a more mainstream topical on my face maybe 3x's a week, but once again back to that acne battle I've had for 30 years now. (genetics, my mom had acne well into her late 40's)

#4 of 4 Old 12-30-2010, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

I found some hazelnut oil at Walmart last night so I think I will try that tonight and see if I like it better. 

Lynn, wife to Jason  SAHM to Nate, Riley and Jon

Tags
Natural Body Care

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page