Your Favorite Tinted Moisturizer? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really, really want to ditch my mineral makeup and go with a tinted moisturizer instead. Since we've moved to a drier, colder climate the mineral makeup just accentuates all the little dry patches on my face and makes me look old and icky greensad.gif Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, natural tinted moisturizer that's available in light shades? I have extremely fair skin with a little redness on my cheeks and I need something to help balance out my face a little - I just can't stand how I look with no makeup on!

TIA!

~ Sarah ~ Living the mountain life with DH Dan hug.gif & DD Lillian 1.6.10 energy.gifand DS Jack 10.22.11 babyboy.gif Trying to find time to sewmachine.gif!!

#2 of 5 Old 01-12-2011, 07:43 PM

http://www.gloprofessional.com/GMProducts.aspx?l=15

glominerals makes a mineral sheer tint. very light coverage but very hydrating.

#3 of 5 Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 AM

I use the tinted moisturizer from 100% Pure and I love it!  I've been using it for a few years now....

#4 of 5 Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM

It has been such long time since I've visited this forum! Anyway, in my google search for reviews on this same topic, I came across this post. I ordered a sample of the 100% pure tinted moisturizer from bellafloria.com (they offer samples on almost all their products) b/c I've been thinking about it for a while but there isn't a store around here that sells 100%pure cosmetics. Anyway, I got the color Golden Peach. It's a pretty nice formula, moisturizing, a sheer coverage, matches well at first but I think it oxidizes to a slightly darker possibly orangier color after a while. I just ordered a tinted moisturizer tonight from naturebasin.com by a company called Living Nature. I ordered it in Medium, along with the concealer. I will let you know what I think of it when it comes in. Kinda pricy, but at the same time personal care is something I'm willing to spend a little more on to have a great ingredient list. One thing I liked about the naturebasin.com is that they offer a 90 day no questions asked return policy. So if it ends up being terrible or the wrong shade, no problem with returning or exchanging. Saffronrouge.com also sells their products and they have a 30 day return policy.

#5 of 5 Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM

Your skin sounds exactly like mine.  I will tell you what I use but many would think it's too fussy.  I always first use a good face moisturizer with some SPF protection (lately it's been oil of olay for sensitive skin since I am pretty broke).  Then I appy the cover girl brand of tinted moisturizer (805 is the color I get) with a MAC foundation brush.  On days when I want more coverage or when my skin looks extra bad, I mix in a dot of MAC foundation on the make-up brush with the moisturizer before applying. 

I get the covergirl tinted moisturizer from amazon normally.  But I have seen it at Walmart. 

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page