Pierced ear pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2011, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think this goes here instead of H&H.  I have 4 piercings in each ear and don't often wear earrings.  When I do I only use 1 hole.  I decided to put jewelry in all holes and now some of them HURT!  Is this normal?  If so, how long should the pain last?

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 PM

Is it possible that the kind of metal the earrings are made from is irritating your ears?  I cannot wear those cheap earrings that are made from nickel or whatever because my ears complain a lot, I would imagine irritated holes would be even more sensitive.  The other thing that bothers my ears are butterfly back closures - I do best with hanging or hoop style earrings.  If I've been wearing earrings regularly I can handle the butterfly styles for a day or so, but if I haven't had them in for a while they are more sensitive and hurt after 2-3 hours.

The other thing I would suggest is to put the earrings in, take them out once they start to hurt, and then put them back in a day or two later when they're feeling better.  Sort of ease them into it I guess.  That's something that has worked well for me when I don't have earrings in for a while and my ears need to adjust.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:23 AM

I have about ten holes in each ear.  Many of them were done (improperly) with piercing guns.  It does damage sometimes or nerves get pierced.  There are a couple of mine that I could almost never use cause they always hurt.  Maybe you were pierced in a bad/funny spot too?

Or it could be an allergy.  I have a mild allergy to the cheap stuff but I still wear safety pins in my ears a lot.  They always ache for after a while of that and it takes a day or two for the pain to go away completely.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

User Tag List