Best natural face products? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I used to use ole hendriksen and it was glorious, but it has chemicals in it for sure. I need something that will brighten/exfoliate my skin and give it that glow but without the junk. I don't care if it is expensive I just want my face back!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 22 Old 02-17-2011, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been using coconut oil for about three years now on my face. Lately, I put some in a small jar and add a few drops of tea tree oil and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and mix it all up. Works great, no oily skin even in the summer.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#4 of 22 Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 PM

I really love lusa organics sugar scrubs for exfoliation

http://www.lusaorganics.com/organic-sugar-scrubs-citrus-lavender-mint-patchouli-s/21.htm

I currently have the lavender one but ALL of their products are always really great.  not just the sugar scrubs :)

#5 of 22 Old 02-18-2011, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeoflife3 View Post

I really love lusa organics sugar scrubs for exfoliation

http://www.lusaorganics.com/organic-sugar-scrubs-citrus-lavender-mint-patchouli-s/21.htm

I currently have the lavender one but ALL of their products are always really great.  not just the sugar scrubs :)

Oooh.. those look nice. Might have to try that.. For my face I was looking for a brightening regime, like with a toner and serum and moisturizer specifically to even out my color and just make me less "dull"..

joy.gif

#6 of 22 Old 02-22-2011, 10:01 PM

I just came across Zum organics Lemongrass facial scrub, a line called Face Naturals (facenaturals.com)  and also a new line called Acure (find them at acureorganics.com)

I have yet to try any of these, as I'm still finishing up the products I have from Talulah which I love, but I'm looking for something a little cheaper next time I buy. but I saw they got good reviews and Zum and Acure were mentioned on http://figandsage.blogspot.com/2010/12/announcing-2010-figsage-best-in-natural.html.

The other thing I like about the Acure line is that they donate $1 for every product purchased to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

#7 of 22 Old 04-03-2011, 06:25 PM

I love the Skin Deep cosmetic safety database -- little by little I've been switching all my personal care products over to less toxic ones, based on their ratings. Here's the page of skin care products: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.php?maincat=skincare

#8 of 22 Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM

anyone making their own facial products?

#9 of 22 Old 04-17-2011, 12:26 AM

Raw local honey, oils like coconut and evoo, essential oils of your choice, and water.  This works well for my oily skin and also helps adult acne.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#10 of 22 Old 04-18-2011, 04:20 PM

I really like the facial products from Bubble and Bee!

www.bubbleandbee.com

#11 of 22 Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 PM

One of my sisters makes her own lotions and a friend makes amazing soaps. I like Dr Hauschka. It's a bit pricey, but absolute best quality and no chemicals. They are a great company that's been around a while. I really love them.

#12 of 22 Old 04-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Dia

1. Wash with raw honey and water

2. Moisturize with coconut oil (works best for me to do it at night)

= Cheap, easy, and I've never have had better skin in my life :)

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
#13 of 22 Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM

A good, cheap exfoliant is baking soda in your cleanser. Mix a little of each, and gently rub on. I learned that from Paula Begoun years ago, and haven't bought any other exfoliant since. I try to cross reference her Beautipedia with the Skin Deep database to find products that 1. do what they claim, 2. are reasonably priced, and 3. have a minimum amount of potentially harmful ingredients. There are products like that, but it takes some effort to find them.
#14 of 22 Old 04-21-2011, 07:32 PM

I do a mix of castor oil and extra virgin olive oil. Two parts evoo to one part castor oil for my slightly oily skin. Rub on dry skin, wet a wash cloth with hot water, drape it over your face for about a minute, enjoy the mini facial, rinse the cloth and wipe off the oil. You can mess w/ the ratio to find what works best for your skin. What I've seen recommends a 1:1 ration or normal skin, 3:1 castor to olive for oily and 3:1 olive to castor for dry. You can also add a drop or two of tea tree oil to help w/ acne. I love it! My face feels great throughout the day, never gets too oily or too dry. Something I've never had w/ typical face washes and moisturizers. thumb.gif

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

#15 of 22 Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM

I found www.greenbeautyproducts.com a few months ago. LOVE her products. Nothing rates more than 2 on the cosmetic database. I use the hyaluronic acid moisturizer, tinted moisturizer, rosewater toner, chamomile cream. Love them all! Before that, I went for a year using the OCM (coconut oil, castor oil, grapeseed oil) I liked that, but these products have REALLY made my skin nice!

#16 of 22 Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourdayourjourney View Post

anyone making their own facial products?

I do.  I make all my own products.  I think if you're willing to take the time and research ingredients, you can make your own that will suit your needs.

What we think we become.
#17 of 22 Old 05-16-2011, 04:51 AM

I searched for the right skin products for a long time, because I am allergic on many products. Now I use Real Purity Cosmetics for a few months and I am more than pleased :)

#18 of 22 Old 05-20-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensong View Post

I do.  I make all my own products.  I think if you're willing to take the time and research ingredients, you can make your own that will suit your needs.

I'd love to hear more about your "cleansing" or "wash" recipe! :)

I currently use Jason brand rosewater hand and face soap to cleanse, heritage rosewater spritzed on for moisture, my homemade eye oil blend (rosehip seed oil/jojoba oil/vitamin E oil/St. John's Wort infused oil/ and something else right now), and VCO every morning. Sometimes I mix up the plain VCO with some fun ingredients as a basic moisturizer (sealing in the rosewater). At night, I often just spritz on the rosewater and call it a day. Sometimes, I use a cotton ball with the rosewater to cleanse, tone, and lightly moisturize. If my face feels dry (camping or traveling), I use VCO at night, too.

My skin used to be oily before this rosewater routine (and Ayurvedic herbs and healing techniques). Now it is very healthy and "normal"...not dry nor oily anywhere - day or night, but I do have some pigmentation issues and redness occasionally. Whenever I try any store-bought products for these concerns, my skin flips out!!! Itching, LOTS of redness, sometimes burning and peeling, clearly a sign to stay far away! I had sensitive skin for two decades and it is actually better since the rosewater routine...the best it's been since childhood.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#19 of 22 Old 05-24-2011, 01:20 PM

Hi sunny,

I use the oil cleansing method with jojoba and castor oil, plus EOs.  You can start with 80% jojoba and 20% castor.  If the castor is too drying, hazelnut or grape seed are possible alternatives.  Then add a few drops of your EO preferences.  Rinse your face with warm water, apply a few drops of the OCM and massage it.  Then use a warm wash cloth to cleanse off your face.

The ratio of jojoba to castor is really up to you.

What we think we become.
#20 of 22 Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I use coconut oil with a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil all over, including my face. I don't really have any daily routine but after I shower or take a bath (a couple of times a week if those around me are lucky) I slater up with oil. Or in the winter if I feel really dry I'll loofah and then oil up. I think getting your pours really open with hot water or a loofah first makes a difference as to how much oil is absorbed.

be good family...

#21 of 22 Old 06-02-2011, 09:00 PM

Making sure your diet has plenty of real saturated fats in it, will go a long ways toward smoothing your skin out. Our cells are 50% saturated fat, and they have to be fed saturated fats to stay plump. Processed veges oils will shrink and dry them out. Never mind clogging up the bloodstream!

I am not a vegetable. I feed myself accordingly love.gif

#22 of 22 Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 PM

So glad to have stumbled across this thread. I'm still trying to find a skin care regime that works for me. I have combination skin, mostly oily, enlarged pores, and adult acne. I've been looking into more natural ways to care for my skin as the other stuff just hasn't been working for all the years I've been using them. Also, I've just become more conscious of what I put in my mouth and on my skin :) Thanks for all this great advice.

dust.gif   

Tags
Natures Baby Organics Diaper Cream , Episencial Protective Face Balm Spf 6 , Natures Baby Organics Face Body Moisturizer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page