Need skin care product recs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For the past 5 years (while pregnant and nursing 2 kids), I've been ignoring my skin (while getting older) and it's beginning to show.

What do you use to cleanse and moisturize your skin?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 PM

I use Dr. Bronner's Almond liquid soap and coconut oil for moisture.  Love it :)

lady.gifLacey, wife to an emerging author notes.gif,  mama to whistling.gif(6),bikenew.gif(4),  angel1.gif our Angel Faith born to Heaven April 2013 & Expecting our Rainbow Baby #4 July 2014 luxlove.gif 
Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 PM

I just use hot water and a face cloth to wash... I tried coconut oil and I love the way it feels going on because it's very smooth and absorbs very quickly, but I felt like it made my face break out a little.  I switched to jojoba oil and it has been awesome!  It's slightly thicker and takes a little longer to soak in, but I feel like it leaves my face really smooth and I haven't had any breakouts with it.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:25 PM

Handmade soap and lotion. I've got kind of oily skin and my skin is so much better since I just went back to the basics of a bar of handmade soap instead of trying fancy cleansers.

Marcy, WAHM to Alyssa (2/4/04) and Kaitlyn (6/5/06) plus cat.gifcat.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif
Old 03-04-2011, 11:08 PM

I use Dove Sensitive soap.  I've tried TONS of other more natural soaps, but they all dry my skin out way too much, or they make me break out in hives (I have SUPER sensitive skin).  I use just plain water on my face, though. 

I use Alba lotion after every shower, and it's great!  I tried using oils, and my skin just doesn't like it at all.  You can buy a GIANT bottle of Alba lotion for $12 at Whole Foods, and it keeps my skin so soft, better than it has ever been before.  I use the original version in the green bottle.  I tried the maximum dry skin formula, but it was very greasy and never soaked in all the way.  I also use the Alba Aloe and Green Tea face moisturizer, and it's the best I've ever used.  I've tried tons of face moisturizers before, and this soaks right in and doesn't leave an oily residue, and my face just feels soft and clean.  

(I realize I sound like a commercial...sorry!  lol  I just LOVE Alba products!) 

Kara - Homeschooling mom to Greyson (13), three lazy cats, two hyper dogs, and 11 crazy chickens.  Loving our life on 5 acres in the middle of nowhere.  TTC #2 for over 12 years.  Soon to be a stand-in mom for foster babies!
http://talesofatransplantedcitygirl.wordpress.com

Old 03-05-2011, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
For face soap I love Juice Beauty's cleansing milk, if your skin is dry or combo. http://www.juicebeauty.com/store/facial-products/cleansing-milk.html
For a moisturizer: http://www.juicebeauty.com/store/facial-products/cleansing-milk.html Unscented Polypeptide cream. It's really expensive, but it lasts me 5 months. I also use it under my eyes, and often eye cream costs that much on it's own. .

User Tag List