Diva Cup help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-24-2011, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a Diva Cup after DS was born and after a little bit of a learning curve, used it happily.  Then I got pregnant with DD, so of course I didn't use it for a while.  My cycle recently returned again and I'm having a problem that I can't figure out.

The first cycle, I expected to have a bit of a learning curve again, so I wasn't really shocked when it leaked the first day.  By the second day, everything was fine.  The second cycle, I just couldn't get it right on that first day and it was driving me crazy since I thought I had had it figured out again.  But no matter what I did, it wouldn't work at all - it wasn't like it was overflowing, it was like it wasn't catching anything at all.  It seemed like it was in properly, but after a whole day of frustration, I gave up.  The third cycle, the same thing happened on the first day, but for whatever reason, I decided to push on, and it worked fine again after that.

I'm now on my 4th PP cycle and it's the same thing yet again.  I'm just about at the 24 hour mark, so I don't know yet if it's going to improve again, but it's still making me bonkers.  I really don't like using pads or tampons, and it makes no sense to me that it's a complete failure one day, and perfectly fine the rest.  Any ideas?

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#2 of 4 Old 02-24-2011, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Is it possible that you are putting it up above your cervix?

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#3 of 4 Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwifeErika View Post

Is it possible that you are putting it up above your cervix?

I don't know....I didn't know it could go above the cervix! huh.gif I did notice today that it's going in pretty far, but it still feels like it's in right (and it's definitely open).  Obviously something isn't right though. greensad.gif

Amy, wife to Paul 5/20/01, SAHM to Daniel 5/23/07, Claire 7/15/09, and Elaine 9/4/12

#4 of 4 Old 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM

I recommend messaging The Cup Guru (aka Menstrualcupinfo) on Youtube.  She helped me with trouble I was having with my cup.  I consider her the internet expert on cups!!  And she's very sweet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page