Anyone make bath melts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I got some awesome bath melts from an mdc mama in a craft swap years ago.  I can't remember who she is or find the old thread., so I thought I'd have a go at making my own.  I have lots of questions.

-where can I find the ingredients for them?  I'd prefer to buy in person, rather than online.  I live in the city so I don't think it will be a problem, but I just don't have any idea what kind of store to look in.  Most of the recipes I've found online have things like cocoa butter, almond oil, shea butter.  I have some coconut oil already which is in a lot of recipes and some essential oils for scents.

-anyone have a favorite recipe to share?  The ones I had were smooth, no oatmeal or salts or anything.  I liked them in the bath, but I LOVED to use them as an in-shower lotion.  After I was done washing I would just unwrap one and rub it all over my skin until it was completely dissolved.  It was so much nicer than getting out, toweling off, feel all itchy and dry, and then smearing myself with regular lotion only to feel itchy and sticky until it soaked in.  

-is it possible to scent them with perfume?  I have some perfumes I love but I never wear them anymore because they are too strong and I would feel bad making ds stick his face in that much scent to nurse.  But it would be awesome if I could put some of the scent in a bath melt and not have it be so strong. 

Mommy to DS1 July '09 and DS2 Oct '12 and someone new in May '15

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page