Safe daily facial spf? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2011, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need a daily spf now that I live at the beach.  It's for me, not for dd.  I need at least spf 15 not more than spf30.  I do tan quite easily and am already pretty dark.  I have a scar at my throat from thyroid surgery that is dark still and I'm supposed to cover that up all the time but I forget a lot.  I do believe getting some amount of sun is good for you and I am in the sun a LOT.  So  I would like something not too greasy, natural, that I could throw on my face, neck, shoulders for days when I'm going to be out a lot.  I checked out skin deep and all the recommended brands are expensive and come in small quantities.  I need at least a 4 oz bottle, it's just the beginning of summer here!  I know the recommended spf lotions for kids and for high sun exposure, badger, burts bees, etc. but those don't work well on the face.  What do you use if you're in the sun alot, especially like to hear from mamas who are in the desert, the beach, high altitude, equator, etc.  

btw, I'm leaning towards trying this one: http://www.vitacost.com/Beauty-Without-Cruelty-Daily-Facial-Lotion-SPF-15-4-fl-oz

It scores a 6 I think on Cosmeticsdatabase/skindeep.  I like that they don't test on animals, that it's mostly natural, but the chemical sunscreens-not so much.  It's a good price for a decent sized bottle too.  I was using Korres but at $22 for not even 2oz, it's too expensive to use daily. that's what I put on my scar since I use only a tiny bit.  

Living Simply and Enjoying Life

User Tag List