mountain rose herbs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-27-2011, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if mountain rose herbs was a good reputable company.  I was looking to buy some organic shea butter.  I had gotten it previously from terressentials which has now for $16 for 4 oz but Mtn rose herbs is much cheaper.  I can get twice as much for less.  So it has been wondering if their stuff is good quality or not.  Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I love Mt. Rose Herbs. I spend about 100$ on essential oils there and it lasts me all year (well almost a year this time:( I have also gotten assorted herbs and tinctures from them time to time. I have not been able to find comparable prices for the same quality of products anywhere else. If anyone knows of a better deal let me know! Oh and I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just love being a customer and have been for years...

ETA: I have not tried their shea butter because I just use coconut oil or sunflower oil from the grocery store

be good family...

#3 of 11 Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 AM

I love mountain rose herbs. I have their shea butter, and I like it, but it's the only shea butter I've ever used, so I really can't tell you how it stacks up to other brands. 

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#4 of 11 Old 07-01-2011, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the information.  I ordered some stuff and I am looking forward to it coming!!!

#5 of 11 Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM

This is kind of off topic but just wanted to mention that I've asked everyone I know for MRH gift certificates for my birth day. This Mountain Rose Herbs is one of two places I buy things other than food from!

be good family...

#6 of 11 Old 07-08-2011, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yep ive bought lots of things there and they do co-ops with them as well. 

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#7 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post

Yep ive bought lots of things there and they do co-ops with them as well. 

Can you share who does co-ops with them?  Does the shipping and PayPal fees end up making it worth doing the co-op?

#8 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 02:31 PM

the coop was on here.  I think it was 40% off if 100 lbs was bought.  this was before PP fees and after shipping I still saved money. 

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#9 of 11 Old 07-11-2011, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post

the coop was on here.  I think it was 40% off if 100 lbs was bought.  this was before PP fees and after shipping I still saved money. 

I don't think I realized there were still co-ops on here.  Something to look into....  Thank you.

#10 of 11 Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM

I have been buying stuff from MRH for about five years now and they are an amazing company. Good ethics, great values and they treat their customers great! Everything always makes it to me packaged well and in one piece. Prices are very reasonable and often I'm shocked at the amount I get for my money!

I highly recommend them!!

#11 of 11 Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I have been buying from MRHs for a long time now. Their products are wonderful and their company is really dedicated to fairtrade and environmental responsibility.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page