ACV for GERD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-10-2011, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all :)

I was diagnosed with GERD, Inactive Chronic Gastritis and Esophagitis (esophagus is inflamed). I took Prilosec for 4 days then stopped because of all the crazy side effects. I was taking Slippery Elm among some other natural things but still had reflux. So with some more research I figured maybe I have low stomach acid, since the doctor never checked, just told me to take some pills (suprise, suprise :P).

I started taking HCL for the last few days but haven't realized if it's been helping much. I hear all these great stories about ACV but I don't want to further burn my esophagus. I have some Braggs already and was wondering if it would do damage if it was in water. I hear it works wonders for digestion. I figure if it keeps me from refluxing it has to be better than the damage the reflux does. What are your experiences with it for heartburn and digestion?

#2 of 3 Old 07-11-2011, 07:55 PM

I would encourage you to try it - you really don't have anything to lose! I'm currently pregnant with babe #2 - with the first one my heartburn was so bad I was taking TWO Pepcids per day! But this time around when the heartburn started I researched some natural remedies and ACV kept coming up. So I tried 1 Tbsp (Braggs) in a cup of cold water and I'll be darned if I didn't feel totally better! It was nearly instantaneous. I am such a believer! So I went from 2 Pepcid per day to ACV maybe once a week. It sounds totally counterintuitive but it has made a world of difference for me.

I encourage you to try it and I hope it works for you as well. Do let us know!
#3 of 3 Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 PM

I would encourage you to read the book "Why Stomach Acid Is Good For You."  I'm in the middle of reading it right now. 

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page