Enable me or talk me down (Diva cup) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been using the diva cup for several years now and I have had no problem with having sex with it in. It is soft and my hubby hardly notices it. I have tried using the "Insteads" but I don't like the dispoable part and they hurt my hubby during sex

#32 of 40 Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Decided not to wait.... I'm on day 1 and so far so good! I cannot for the life of me figure out why these things aren't more popular. I have only one issue so far (well, maybe two, we'll see how things are by the end of my cycle), but OMG!!!! SO EASY. So much easier than tampons and WAY easier/cleaner than cloth pads, which I loooooooved when I first started using them.

LunaDiva is right: it's like comparing pineapples and spaghetti (assuming you're a celiac fruit fiend)!

PS - We had a "free" morning today and DS wanted to go swimming. So we did. And I didn't have to think twice about how I was going to be able to make that happen. Thank you all for convincing me to give it a try! I think I'm going to love this.

Katie T likes this.
#33 of 40 Old 08-24-2011, 07:57 PM

Hm I don't think I put it in deep at all - only so that the stem wouldn't bug me and then it migrated upwards by itself (it's like my muscles pull it upwards). I don't think it bothers me though as the bearing down works fine! I had no chance to try again this cycle as we had dozens of visitors and I was so busy! I did notice though when I tried it last month that I filled it up super quickly - the half hour I wore it (size 2) it was half full. Is that not unusual for post partum periods or should I be worried (I still have tampons around and used some and I only feel comfy with smaller sizes, like OB normal, everything else is too big but I had to change every 90 minutes)?

#34 of 40 Old 08-24-2011, 08:01 PM

If the stem is bugging you, you can trim it with scissors. I trimmed most of the stem off of my cup for that reason.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#35 of 40 Old 08-24-2011, 08:45 PM

Can anyone compare how the Diva sits verses instead? I actually really like instead, because it is wide and flat with a flexible cup and sits like a diaphragm up high. I'm worried about the diva cup needing to sit low. Tampax brand tampons are uncomfortably long for me, for example. I'd like something that I could use continuously though and not throw away.
#36 of 40 Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 AM

Yes - the Instead fits snug against the cervix area. The Diva cup doesn't, and there is a little gap between the cervix and the cup. The muscles in the vagina hold the diva cup in place, where the Instead is above the muscles. I find the Instead harder to get out, especially if I can't squat.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#37 of 40 Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

Can anyone compare how the Diva sits verses instead? I actually really like instead, because it is wide and flat with a flexible cup and sits like a diaphragm up high. I'm worried about the diva cup needing to sit low. Tampax brand tampons are uncomfortably long for me, for example. I'd like something that I could use continuously though and not throw away.

Yes, it does sit lower than the Instead but that doesn't mean it will bother you.  I couldn't use Tampax tampons either, especially as they absorbed they would get longer and irritate me, but the Diva cup is not an issue, at least in my case.  Plus you do have some flexibility to put it a little higher or lower to suit you, it's not just one exact spot it has to be in.

#38 of 40 Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 PM

I'd rather not cut the stem as it helped me to pull it out... It's easier to grab it by the stem!

#39 of 40 Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM

Thanks for answering my questions. 

#40 of 40 Old 03-06-2012, 03:43 PM

I know this is an old thread but I just had to post. I just got a Diva Cup and I find it so simple and easy. I kept hearing it "takes getting used to". But I haven't found that at all. It has been fine.

I actually was searching for Diva Cup threads because I had a question. Does anyone with an IUD use a Diva Cup? I am wondering if that could pose a problem since there is a thread from the IUD hanging into my vagina...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page