Need recs for eco-friendly/minimal packaging mineral makeup - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-19-2011, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm so frustrated. I finally found a great mineral makeup that I could order refills on so I wasn't purchasing tons of little plastic sifters every time, and now they've merged with some other company and aren't offering that anymore. Does anyone know where I can find good mineral makeup that comes in little bags or something other than a big plastic jar? I have all I need, and just want the makeup, not the packaging!

#2 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd12422 View Post

I'm so frustrated. I finally found a great mineral makeup that I could order refills on so I wasn't purchasing tons of little plastic sifters every time, and now they've merged with some other company and aren't offering that anymore. Does anyone know where I can find good mineral makeup that comes in little bags or something other than a big plastic jar? I have all I need, and just want the makeup, not the packaging!

I don't have any recommendations, but have you checked Etsy?  I'm sure there are many that offer this option or would if you liked their product and asked for a custom package.  On a really quick search, this seller offers refills in a plastic bag.  Sure, it's still plastic, but it's recyclable and maybe if you were interested in different packaging, she could work with you.  

#3 of 6 Old 08-22-2011, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I did find one or two on etsy, but didn't see that one! Thanks!

I just ordered a sampler from Joppa to try out, and will keep looking. I don't mind a little plastic baggie, but it seems ridiculous to toss a jar, lid, and sifter plus cellophane or whatever else is used to seal it shut.

#4 of 6 Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you tried Jane Iredale? You buy the whole compact one time and then just refills after that. Not sure what packaging material is like when you order it online but I just buy it in salon stores.

http://janeiredale.com/

#5 of 6 Old 09-08-2011, 12:31 AM

Just Pure Minerals just started offering refill baggies for her face products.  She has them on her page, but I don't think they're listed on her Etsy shop (yet?).  I don't think she's doing it for her eye shadows (yet?) or lip products (I think that would get messy), but she has them for her foundations, mineral veils, setting powders, blushes and bronzers.

#6 of 6 Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 AM

the mmu i was using also stopped doing refill baggies (a few months ago, after a merge with another company). i wonder if we used the same? The All Natural Face has refill baggies. i just got a sampler set of their foundation through a coop. i like their makeup so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page