It seems like silverfish are a seasonal pest, more common in the summer.
Ita that it makes a lot of sense to avoid the problem in the first place--cut down on moisture, block entrypoints, eliminate their food, etc.
I found a website that said diacotomous (sp?) earth works on silverfish. I think that would be less toxic than boric acid.
We're renting, so if we see any more, i'll try to get the landlord to recaulk (ha. ha. ha!!). I almost dont want to say anything about it to them, bc i dont want them to bombard the place with toxic chemicals.
So far so good at this point, we've only seen the one. Hopefully it was scouting, didnt find what it needed and went back to tell its friends to stay away. :LOL