So, now that we know that sunscreen with micronized / nano particles are bad for you, what is everyone using for sunscreen? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I totally believe in covering up as opposed to using sunscreen whenever possible but, sometimes you have to wear sunscreen. 

So, now that we know nano and micronized particles aren't good for you - what is everyone using for sunscreen? 

#2 of 5 Old 03-06-2012, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last summer I used Green Beaver and I also used Badger sunscreen.  I liked the lavendar scent of the Badger sunscreen, but it went on white and thick and showed up on clothing so I think I prefer Green Beaver overall.

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#3 of 5 Old 05-24-2012, 03:42 PM

My pediatrician, who is natural-minded, recommended Blue Lizard. It's hard to find, though. Would love more suggestions.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#4 of 5 Old 07-08-2012, 06:40 AM

#5 of 5 Old 07-17-2012, 04:35 PM

Some friends and I are getting together to make our own sunscreen. I have most of the ingredients already (just need to order the zinc oxide and I found a place with "regular size" particles; read up on nanoparticles before ordering) and they will chip in to cover the costs. It'll be a lot less expensive than those fancy organic brands and we'll make a lotion and a stick each. I found a dozen recipes on the internet, so now I just need to narrow it down by trying a few out.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page