Natural baby sunscreen recommendations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2012, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

I'm in search of a natural baby/toddler sunscreen that actually does work to block the harmful rays without added toxic chemicals. I did a google search and am overwhelmed! I've read mixed reviews about Aveeno baby products and was also wondering about Neutrogena, California Baby and Seventh Generation products amoung many others! What do you ladies use for your little ones? I'd really appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 02:29 PM

We've been happy with CA Baby for many years now. I only buy the fragrance-free version, though, and it is white-ish, which bothers my 11 yr old DD.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've heard great things about Mexital  They don't use micronized / nano particles.  

Old 04-19-2012, 11:58 AM

lovingnaturals.com

I have used her products for 2 or 3 years now and we love them. 

Rikki ~~ Married Aug 04 ~~ DD Feb 06 ~~ DS Oct 07 ~~ DD April 12

Old 04-23-2012, 09:38 AM

I've been happy with Green Beaver and with Badger Balm products.  I love how the lightly scented Badger sunscreen smells, but didn't like how thick and white it was (would always get DS's clothes dirty), so for that reason Green Beaver wins out.  Both are totally non toxic, no nano-particles, etc.

Has anyone else heard that California Baby changed their ingredients in some of their products?  I'd thougth I'd read that on another thread here, so if that is what you are currently using or had used in the past, check ingredient lists before buying in the future. 

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 PM

I have used Nature's Gate and also Cvs brand spf 45 with zinc. I think that the CVS brand had a safe ingredient list. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have also heard great things about Mexital products

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Old 04-28-2012, 11:40 PM

I used the 2011 SafeMama Safer Sunscreen Cheat Sheet to decide which sunscreens to try this year.  I had used California Baby in the past and like how it worked but found it thick and it left a white tint. So I based my decision on ease of use as well as safety.  This list was very helpful and has a lot of info and lots of choices.  I purchased All Terrain KidSport Sunscreen Sport, Eco Logical Skin Care Sunscreen, and Loving Naturals to try this year but weather has not been all that great so have not put them to the test yet.

http://safemama.com/cheatsheets/sunscreen/

Tags
Natural Body Care
User Tag List