Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the recipe I use:

- 2/3 cup baking soda

- 2 tbsp. peppermint extract

- 2-3 tsp. sea salt

- Mix with water to desired consistency

When I made this the first time a month ago, it turned out perfect and not too salty. I made it again this morning, 3 batches worth, and it tastes so salty I can barely use it. I must have used less salt the first time, I also used different peppermint this time (to avoid food coloring). Well anyway..  I didn't want to waste it so I kept adding baking soda and water, and that didn't help the taste. Then I went online trying to find out what I could add to lessen the salt taste. Some people add coconut oil so I added that...  it is still to salty. Does anyone know what I could do to this so I don't have to throw the whole bowl out? I even tried adding vanilla extract  lol.

Or does anyone have any not-too-salty toothpaste recipes? I really liked this one but I can't figure out what I did right the first time. confused.gif

tb.gif     thanks.gif

novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   homebirth.jpg    lady.gif of 4:bikenew.gif5 yr    blahblah.gif    4 yr   sleepytime.gif   2 yr   baby.gif  2 mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I couldn't figure out how to delete this thread but I managed to fix the issue. (I had to make more batches without salt and mix in)

novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   homebirth.jpg    lady.gif of 4:bikenew.gif5 yr    blahblah.gif    4 yr   sleepytime.gif   2 yr   baby.gif  2 mo

Tags
Natural Body Care
User Tag List