Natural facial moisturizer with SPF for adult acne-prone skin? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I want a moisturizer (preferably with zinc oxide for spf) that won't make me break out!  I've wasted money on so many.  Problem is, now I'm 37 and getting wrinkles, so I want it to nourish my skin.  Just without giving me a million zits.  Any recommendations? 

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#2 of 6 Old 05-31-2012, 05:36 AM

I haven't found a moisturizer w/ SPF that doesn't break me out, so I do them separately.  I've moisturize with http://www.target.com/p/Garnier-Refreshing-Gel-Cream/-/A-12758696#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink.  Just about every sunscreen breaks me out, but Neutrogena just came out with this http://www.drugstore.com/neutrogena-clear-face-sunblock-lotion-spf-30/qxp328502?catid=184134  and after a week's use, I haven't boken out! 

#3 of 6 Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I wish the neutrogena was zinc-oxide based, but I'll keep it in mind.  The reviews for the Garnier product are excellent.

I've tried so hard to use natural products over the years.  But my skin just hates the oils.  sigh.

#4 of 6 Old 06-02-2012, 10:22 PM

I have very acne-prone skin and the Trader Joe's brand face lotion (SPF 15) works okay for me. It's not super natural, but it's at least got fewer crazy ingredients than most. It's not as moisturizing as what I used previously (Olay sensitive face lotion, also SPF 15). I hear you on the wanting to use naturals and not being able to. :(

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

#5 of 6 Old 06-03-2012, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Oo, that's good to know too.  I like Trader Joe's and we have one about 1/2 hour from here.  Thanks for the tip!

For now, I've gone back to washing my face with baking soda and toning with ACV, and that's working okay. It's the moisturizers and SPF's that kill my skin.  Wish I could rub some jojoba oil on my face and be done with it.  I'd really love to know why acne persists into adulthood, particularly if you have a very healthy diet (I do.)  It bothers me to no end.

#6 of 6 Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, just an fyi for anyone checking this thread...

Bare Minerals now makes an SPF powder.  No oils or anything that will sink into the skin.  It's SPF 30.  I got it this week, and so far so good!

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page