Mooncup - pre and post pregnancy sizes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last summer I bought a Mooncup, but only used it for one cycle before I got pregnant. I had never had a baby and was 29 at that point so I bought the smaller size. Well, obviously, since then I have turned 30 and had a vaginal birth, the two criteria for going up a size. I really hate to have to buy another since I only used this one once. Does anyone have experience with this? Have you kept using the smaller size after giving birth/turning 30? I'm only 8 weeks postpartum but GladRags has free shipping for one more day so I'd like to figure it out soon. orngbiggrin.gif

I'm 30, SO is 27, married since 2006. DS Isaac born 5/15/12. First time mama getting the hang of bfinfant.gifand cd.gif.

#2 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I bought a diva cup after I had already had children.  And then I lost it and had to buy another, but then I found it, so now I have two.  I don't know, I feel like even the larger size can leak or pop out, but it seems fine as long as I change it frequently.  I think I was just trying to go for too long.  I guess you could try it and see how it fits now, and that would probably be the best way of judging.  I put mine in before I got my period, just to see if it was livable.  It was slightly uncomfortable in the beginning, but now I'm used to it.

#3 of 5 Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 PM

I still use the same one I used pre-baby and it fits fine. I've had 2 babies in the past 3 years and also turned 30 during that time. My vagina seems completely unchanged in size/shape. I don't know though, it seems like this could vary a lot from person to person. When you get your period, try it and see!
#4 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 05:46 PM

No idea but I will send TracyGladRags to help you!  She is the owner of GladRags and can tell you more than you ever want to know about cups. :)

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

#5 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 06:32 PM

It's possible that your smaller size Moon Cup could still work -- it's one of those things that really depends on each individual. It's worth giving it a shot for at least one cycle, and if it doesn't work out for you, send me a direct message and we'll hook you up with a coupon code for free shipping! orngbiggrin.gif

crochetsmilie.gif heartbeat.gif cat.gif

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page