Need a gentle daily shampoo/conditioner... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just for background info - I always washed my hair about once a week.  Never had a problem with oil, etc.  My kids got theirs washed *maybe* once a month.  We had a great system going on in regards to hair.

Well, about a month ago we moved into a house with a pool and are swimming daily - sometimes several times a day.  If I can remember I'll run my kids through the shower before we redress to get the chlorine off, but that doesn't always happen.  If I don't wash - my hair looks oily, my daughter's hair (straight/bob) becomes impossible to brush, and my son's hair (long/curly) looks all frizzed out and gross.

Clearly our old system won't work during pool season.  What's something gentle that we can use daily?  I remember the years of daily washing of my own hair and it looked dry all the time...so I'm not all gung-ho about just buying cheap products from Target.  Ideas?  Would something simple like a vinegar rinse work?

Thanks!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 04:06 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

We've all got dry, tangled hair this summer too. When I was a the beach I used a friend's "dry hair" shampoo and it was amazing! I mean to get the name for myself -- I'll see what I can find out. Good luck in your search. 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

Tags
Natural Body Care
User Tag List