Whiteheads and skin care - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh, Im so annoyed. 

So, for the past several years I have had whiteheads on the upper part of my cheeks, that never seem to stop appearing, no matter what I do. I've used a million different products, including every brand of natural soap you can think of, moisturizers, etc. 

Anyway, I had a facial about a month ago ,and I asked the lady how to keep them from coming back (after she'd dug them all out), and she told me that I needed to be washing my face every night before bed, and moisturizing. Washing in the morning, and moisturizing again. Exfoliating every third day, and using a mask 1-2 times a week. To always wash medium warm, rinse cold. Wash my pillowcase every other day. 

SO, thats what I've done, and it's a PIA. It's a crapload of thinking about my face and keeping it super clean and guess what?!?! I have just as many whiteheads on my upper cheeks (they are on both sides, right on the cheekbone). Im so freaking over this. The moisturizer was supposed to keep my skin "so moist that if a white head did develop it could just be squeezed out." Ha! Tell my currently broken open in 10 different places face that! 

Ideas? Im so close to stopping natural products for my face and just ordering proactive like everyone else in my family (note: none of us have acne, they just use it because they like to have perfect looking skin, and Im the only one with whiteheads on the regular) 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 05:12 PM

The best natural produce I have come across is Dr. Alkaitis. I don't know if his stuff will take away your whiteheads, but since using it, I have had minimal breakouts and my skin looks the best it has in years. I use the cleanser, nourishing oil, and day and night cream. I wash, use the oil, and moisturize morning and night. The con is that the stuff is hella expensive!

Here's the link to my friends woman-owned small business (brick and mortar and online) that specializes in natural skin care and makeup. She sells Dr. Altkaitis, and a whole lot more. She will answer any email you send her, and gives great advice. Nature of Beauty: http://www.natureofbeauty.com/

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! That looks awesome and the reviews are really good, but it is way, way out of my price range.  Im just at a loss of what to do. I wish I had a teenager or really good girlfriend that I could do facials with (yk, and the time to do it) on a weekly basis. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 PM

I was tools by a dermatologist that Whiteheads are caused by sun damage from the past or current time. He also told me they have to be dug out. eyesroll.gif
Good luck.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have battled skin issues my entire life.  Used to be on prescription stuff, oral antibiotics etc.....  Nothing helped.  I'm 43 and STILL battle frequent break outs - black heads on my nose and chin, white heads on my cheeks and jaw line etc....  

I started using this:

http://www.vitacost.com/derma-e-vitamin-a-retinyl-palmitate-wrinkle-treatment-creme?csrc=GPF-PA-030985004809&ci_sku=030985004809&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=CIn9kduJ2bMCFal7QgodBBkAHw

And my skin has never been better.  I bought it originally because of extreme dry skin following a medical issue.  It has worked wonders for my skin.  Not only has it softened my skin, smoothed out some lines (nothing will take them away completely) but, my breakouts are almost non existent.  I started using it in July - right in the middle of monsoon season in Arizona and it worked great in hot humid weather - and now in November when it's still warm but the air is soooo dry - it continues to work wonders.  It is very, very rare that I ever get a break out and my pores are smaller and the white and black heads are almost completely gone.

One other thing I do is a glycolic treatment once or twice a week.  This is the one I use:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00080DK86/ref=wms_ohs_product

I LOVE this treatment but, it's strong.  You will feel a little tingling sensation that lasts for a few minutes.  But, it really works wonders for the skin.  

Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM

I have had acne my entire adult life. I have tried elimination diets (as some say acne is cause or made worse by certain foods) and every natural product on the market. Nothing has worked. About a year ago I finally went to see a dermatologist. He prescribed a cream with clyndamyacin (a topical abx) and 10% benzol peroxide.  Within a few weeks, I had clear skin that reflected the healthy living and overall health I have. I hate using the chemical stuff, but so much of my self-esteem was tied up in having these big cystic acne spots that lasted for MONTHS. I hated it so much. I have to say that I am happier now going the more traditional route. Everything else in my life is all natural, whole food and all organic.

Anyway, I hope you find something that works that is natural. But I did just want to be a voice saying,

'hey -- natural medicine and natural products are great. But they don't always work. And there is no shame in going to something more conventional for an issue that is really bothering you. Western medicine exists for a reason and while a topical abx isn't great, at this point, I only use it once or twice a month. And frankly, I can live with that. The problem is people who use conventional medicine without first trying natural diet/lifestyle changes and who overuse conventional medicine running for an abx every time someone has a cold."

Good luck! I personally believe that any guilt or negative energy you have about using conventional products is worse than the products themselves. So if you do go this route, let go of your guilt and accept it fully. :)

Rachel

Old 11-18-2012, 01:56 PM

I also want to add that for some of the adults I have known (and for me), it has only taken 1-2 months of conventional treatment to bring things back into balance. Now I use a natural face cleanser morning and night and a natural moisturizer in the AM (with SPF protection). Now, just before my period I will sometimes get the start of a cystic acne spot and am able to use the tiniest bit of that cream I mentioned and have it go away quickly.

Good luck figuring this out! I don't think people understand how much adult acne affects some people. It can really cause depression, self-esteem issues and affect how the world treats us in general. So hang in there!! Good luck figuring it out,

Rachel

Old 11-18-2012, 02:28 PM

There is a product in Canada that i swear by (I'm currently living in Iowa and feel like i am dieing with out it) it is an all natural skin product called natures aid.

http://www.naturesaid.ca/

I'm not sure if it can be shipped across the border but i can officially say that it works miracles!

it is the only thing i have found works on my skin for any issue i have had! i know it works for my brother for his acne issues and i got my grandmother hooked on it. 

We have horses and there is an animal version i brought a bottle of the one for animals over the border once and we used it on one of our horses who had a fungal infection the vet said that the hair on him wouldn't grow back and it is back and the same color as the rest of his coat she is looking into trying to get it into the clinic because she had never seen results like that before. it literally works on EVERYTHING i have had, i keep a little tester bottle in my first aid kit for its first aid uses (DH works construction so he comes homes with all kinds of random bumps, cuts and bruises). 

Old 06-10-2014, 01:01 AM

The blackheads and whiteheads usually occur around the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. The blackheads are caused by hardened masses of sebum, formed in the ducts or the sebaceous glands. They are direct result of skin pores becoming clogged with sebum and dead skin cells. The whiteheads are tiny, pearly, white raised spots. They are caused due to excessive secretion of sebum oil. The whiteheads usually show up as tiny white spots around the eyes.

Tips to Get Rid of Whiteheads

1. One particular good method or maybe remedy for curing whiteheads or maybe whiteheads will be the use and program of toothpaste. That is a quite useful and quickly pimple remedy which you can use in your house. You merely use this toothpaste to your blackheads, preferably during the night previous to sleeping. After which it in the morning it is possible to bathe this off of along with clear drinking water. This will become recurring before you obtain the preferred consequence.

2. Yet another one of several good home cures to reduce whiteheads, is actually the use of ice stop. You should use ice stop to quit any kind of irritation or maybe redness that is associated with whiteheads or maybe whiteheads. Occasionally for anyone who is lucky perhaps it will totally get rid of the whiteheads from your deal with, although you’ll need to remain calm.

3. You can use your house built combination that’s a terrific way to get rid of whiteheads instantaneously. In addition mixture half-teaspoon of tomato juice along with half-teaspoon of camphor lotion and one-teaspoon of sweetie. Your mix off these types of three is an excellent home cure to reduce whiteheads, since it is quite useful in curing whiteheads of sorts. Your trio operates like a outstanding detoxification real estate agent. Use this regularly to your skin color, and it is likely to make a positive change.

Tags
Natural Body Care
User Tag List