DivaCup First Time User - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm liking it so far, even with my questions and concerns. I insert it with the punch down fold and it goes in easier than a tampon ever did! I insert it so the tip is even with the opening like it says. It feels a bit uncomfortable because I can feel its presence. Then I sit down and feel the whole thing slide up! However, when its farther up, I can't feel it near as much and it is MUCH comfortable. I have a pantiliner on and get very very little 'drips' of dried blood, so I don't know if this constitutes leaking. When I go to take it out (every time I go to the bathroom for practice)... it is way up there and I have to bear down hard and a lot to just barely grab the end/base.

Since it is more comfortable when it slides up and it doesn't seem to be leaking a whole lot.... is this still okay? Maybe I just need to practice more in getting it out. I love everything else about it ;).

Does anyone have tiny spots of leaking like I do, or is it supposed to not leak even a tiny bit?

#2 of 5 Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 PM

I don't use a cup myself, so I'm going to send TracyGladRags from http://www.gladrags.com to answer your question.  However, I'm pretty sure from her answers in the past that yes, it goes quite far up and you might have to squeeze a bit to get it down. :)  But I'll ask her to tell you for sure, and to answer the concern about leaking.

Good luck!

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

#3 of 5 Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I have only been using it for a few months, but I used the Keeper (another menstrual cup) pre-children and it was similar...

I do always wear a pantyliner because I do tend to get a few drips here and there.  I dont' know if this is "supposed" to happen or not, but while I occasionally get no drips at all, it is not enough that I am willing to risk all my undies.  I wonder if these drips are just blood that was already near the opening and comes out during/just post insertion? I'd be interested in another answer though!

I find it to be much more comfortable higher up as well since I can feel the stem at the opening too if it is too down low.  I think it is normal to slide up a little throughout the course of your day, especially if you are active.  Honestly, I kind of do a few squats after insertion to get it better situated-is that TMI/a terrible visual!? Sorry! :) I think that, like a tampon, it can only go so high so it's not like it's going to get stuck in there or anything.  I do have to bear down to reach the stem enough to pull it out, but again, I don't think this is cause for alarm. 

I hope that helps some! I love the Diva Cup so much and will never go back to tampons. 

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#4 of 5 Old 11-07-2012, 06:39 PM

Hi Kagrish! It is totally normal and fine for the cup to slide up after insertion! This happens to a lot of women, and it's  just your body telling you "hey, this would be more comfortable right here." As long as it's comfy, you're doing fine.

Greenemami is right: the cup can only go up so high before it's stopped by the cervix. So it can't get "lost" inside you, it just might take a little extra pushing/reaching to get the cup out.

As far as the mini-leaks you're both experiencing... it sounds like that may just be blood that was present lower than the opening of the cup before insertion. Again, as long as your body is feelin' good, this is totally not a big deal and can be easily solved with a pantyliner (hopefully a cloth one!)

Hope that info helps. Definitely let me know if you have any more questions!

crochetsmilie.gif heartbeat.gif cat.gif

#5 of 5 Old 11-07-2012, 06:49 PM

I like mine higher up.  Actually, when I use one, I intentionally push it up higher, and then slightly pull down and twist to seal it.  Then mine doesn't leak at all.  

Jess, happy wife to Doug, mom to E (ds10), B (ds8), M (dd6), S (ds4), M (ds2), and a little 2013 valentine (dsT, due 2/18)

I blog at makinghome.blogspot.com

Tags
Natural Body Care , Gladrags , Diva Cup

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page