Favorite Mama Cloth & reviews? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies,

I've used mama cloth for years (cloth at night and for light flow/spotting, Diva cup during the day) and love my cloth pads.  However, my last batch, which are probably about 10 years old, are wearing out and I'm ready to buy a new supply.  I've read a few threads on this topic, but they are all 2+ years old and I know the market for both commercial and WAHM products changes rapidly.  So could we have another chime in of favorites & why you like a particular style?  I've also found one cloth diaper site that rates/ranks mama pads & compares styles, and would love to find others.

Since I mostly use at night with heavy flow, I prefer something with a PUL backing.  I just find others tend to leak.  The ones I currently use have a removable liner, which works well for washing & line drying, but this is what is failing - the liners are falling out as the material gets worn & softens - not so great in the middle of the night irked.gif .  I guess after 10 years, I can't complain too much, but since the pads are otherwise still quite usable, it's sad that I need to replace.

Thanks!

Cheri
fencing.gifDD and DS are 11 & toddler.gif DD is 4    hbac.gif  Our car is a bike!bikenew.gif

Sharing our homeschool.gifwith 3cat.gif, 2 dog2.gif & 4 chicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i'm interested in the responses too.  I have been looking to buy some as well.  I only have 4 and need to get some more to just switch over.  I went to a site where a lady was rating the pads she used and then she started making her own.  I'm not really up for making my own, but thought about buying a few online that were made my indviduals and then some from somewhere like Lunapads.  hmmmm....

I'm a single working mom of 3 wonderful kiddos. 

#3 of 5 Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 PM

I'm writing from GladRags, so it's probably pretty obvious which cloth pads I use personally! winky.gif But I did want to say -- we have a big sale coming up tomorrow (shhh... our newsletter subscribers won't get the news until tomorrow morning) that we'd love for you to take advantage of...

Here's the details: get free shipping with coupon code NY2013 and save 10% on orders up to $49.99, 15% on orders between $50 and $99.99, and 20% on orders over $100 at gladrags.com. Hope that helps!

Also -- if anyone has specific questions about cloth pads, I'd love to help answer any questions!

crochetsmilie.gif heartbeat.gif cat.gif

#4 of 5 Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM

I love the pads from Peace Love Cycle. You can check her out via FB...also a shop called Pink Lemonade.

I will say if you prefer PUL, there is an ebay seller ..lmknoebel. I love her overnight pads. You will not find anyone cheaper and she is very sweet. You can also visit her directly...she is a WAHM, her site is littlebeecreations.

Let me know if you try any of them and are happy with your purchases. love.gif

Tracy ^^ I will add I do like my GladRags overnight pad...I do use it mainly at the end of my cycle. It is very soft... cost is an issue with myself and 2 teenagers....

~Gabbi~ Life experienced by me..... Mommy to 4 chicken3.gif,Furry Babies x 2 dog2.gif,and the love of my life trekkie.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ooooo, thanks for the info ladies. It really is time for me to buy some more !! I think I will just come up with my own kinda bag for now to use for travel and work.

I'm a single working mom of 3 wonderful kiddos. 

Tags
Natural Body Care , Gladrags

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page