Wanting a more natural facial care routine.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

But I am into my 30's now and I'm addicted to anti-wrinkle creams and eye cream! I also have slight rosacea so I try to combat that. What are your favorite natural products and routines? I need to move away from Lancome.... such terrible stuff in there :-( 

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#2 of 4 Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Try washing your face with raw honey. You can add sugar for a facial scrub, or just use it smooth as a mask/wash. If you need more help with roseacea, you might try adding a drop or two of tea tree oil. Then use virgin coconut oil or argan oil for a moisturizer

My skin took a little while to adjust, but I don't get breakouts or any roseacea at all anymore. Also, up your water intake WAY up -- that's been the best thing for me.

For eye cream and wrinkly spots, I use lanolin at night. The coconut oil is also good for removing makeup, if you wear it. You might also look into the oil cleansing method -- it was too hard on my skin, but lots of people here swear by it.

#3 of 4 Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Great tips! Thanks mama.:-)

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

#4 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

I started getting insane acne when I hit 30. I found Dr Bronner's castill soap and a acv/witch hazel toner to be perfect for getting me skin back together. I also love a moisturizer called skin science that is primarily made of almond oil and jojobo oil ( about $7/bottle but it has some preservatives I'm not happy with). This is the only thing I have found that doesn't break me out, cause my face to get oily, etc.

About once per week I also do a mask of rhassoul clay which exfoliates the skin while adding minerals to it. It has a great tightening effect. You can add some anti-aging items like rose water or frankinsense as well.

That's my recommendation is to just get back to basics and figure out what works well for you. The fewer ingredients usually the more natural it is. It's also much cheaper and natural to buy the individual compounds used in many of those lotions (i.e., emu oil) than to buy the hyped up commercial products.

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page