Which MaMa Cloth?? Too many choices....help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok so Ive been using Luna Pads (expensive), Imese Vimese (boring) and my least favorite Fuzzi Bunz.

Ive been looking at Domino but her site is so confusing which hinders me purchasing anything. I do like the design of her pads and the colors.

Treehugger looks nice but not sure about the Minky? I really want natural fibers like the Bamboo Minky that Domino offers and Treehugger does not have many options. What is just Minky made from?? Polyester is what im thinking unless its specified as another fiber. After using Fuzzi bunz pads that are Poly fibers with PUL backing ive noticed they get Funky. Not into that at all... and they are sweaty feeling. Gross.

Oh I looked at GEM Cloth and she had 0 pictures. Not going to work for me....

I would love to order from the USA so shiping is quick and not expensive. But open to other options. Thanks for your help!!

#2 of 6 Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 PM

I wrote this short e-book that might help answer some of your questions about material: http://gladrags.com/mothering (you'll also get a coupon for 10% off at GladRags.com)

You are definitely on the right track in terms of material -- avoid anything synthetic, polyester, PUL, etc. Minky is a polyester blend, so it will also get funky/have that sweaty feeling.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can answer!

crochetsmilie.gif heartbeat.gif cat.gif

#3 of 6 Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Tracy thanks. I'm already a convert though. I have not tried Glad Rags for because I don't like the insert system. You still have a soiled piece of cloth next to you even if you change the insert and the fabric choices are limited. Just my two cents I appreciate your helping out newbies and supporting the cause!

I ended up buying three pads from Domino and several Moonbow pads. I'm excited about trying both of these brands. Moonbow were the only bamboo velour with wool backing that I could find that were out there. Also made in the USA which is nice.

I was hoping to get some reviews but didn't. Seems like this thread has turned into the "No-Poo" only thread.
I sure do miss the real Mothering Magazine.
#4 of 6 Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM

With our pads, you actually change the WHOLE pad (holder and inserts) rather than just the inserts. It's more comfortable that way winky.gif

Glad I was able to help a bit... I'm surprised too that there weren't more comments! Usually these threads are a little busier.

#5 of 6 Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Tracy thanks for clearing that up about changing the pads. I always thought you just change the insert. Ewww.
#6 of 6 Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM

You're welcome! Yeah, some pad companies with the insert/holder system tell you to change the inserts only, but I'm not a fan. ;)

Tags
Natural Body Care , Gladrags

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page