Diva Cup Advice - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-07-2013, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought a Diva Cup a while back and was looking forward to trying it. But I have never actually been able to get it in. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. And as embarrassing as it is, I'm finally just asking for suggestions so I can start using this thing.
#2 of 3 Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fold it in half, and push it in that way, with your thumb and forefinger holding it in the folded position. Once you get it as far as you can this way, release your thumb and forefinger and try and twist it around once so it will pop out if the folded position. Then push it all the way in. You may want to cut a bit of the tip off because it can scratch at you and be really uncomfortable if its too long.

Does any of that make sense? I hope it helps!!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 3 Old 10-20-2013, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There's (or at least there used to be!) a very helpful menstrual cup group on livejournal. Here it is:

http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/

What kind of a fold are you using to try and insert it? There is one described in the booklet that comes with the cup but there are many more, some of which make the cup much smaller which may make it easier. Personally I only tried a few of them but I like the punch-down fold because it's easy for me to hold during insertion and it pops open easily too. Here is a little writeup of quite a few folds:

http://menstrualcupforteens.wordpress.com/folds-and-insertion/

Finally, if just getting it in there is what you're having trouble with try different positions. I personally like sitting reclined on the toilet but that's probably because that's how I used to insert tampons too. You can do it standing, laying down, squatting, whatever works for you as long as it lets you relax your pelvic muscles. I've once heard that relaxing your mouth and jaw helps to relax your vagina, which does seem to help believe it or not! Also, maybe some lubricant would help? Perhaps the Diva Cup booklet says what is safe? Running it under warm water softens the silicone so that can be useful and I've also heard it recommended to insert it after masturbating as then you're likely to be relaxed and can take advantage of your natural moisture.

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page