Essential Oil Brands? I am so confused... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-01-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have been buying random brands of tea tree oil over the years in our house but I am just now really taking a look at those random bottles my dh gets from pharmacies, etc.

I am just starting to introduce myself and family to more EOs. Starting with cleaners and some skin application for when my kiddos have colds. 

But I am so confused on how to compare them and what's the best for our situation. I've heard Young Living, do-terra, the Native American something or other company. Everyone who blogs about it seems to plug one specific brand over the other. Anyone have recommendations?

Thank you for your time :)

Momma of twins born in May, 2011. 32 weekers. Loving every minute. Breastfeeding still going strong as toddlers after crazy rocky beginning with bottle feeding in NICU for a month. Would love to share any information about how we made it to breastfeeding today with anyone in need of support  

#2 of 9 Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

I've never really given brand names a consideration really with essential oils. I order mine from mountainroseherbs.com. They are certified organic and have really good prices and selection.

ian'smommaya likes this.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#3 of 9 Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

Repost... first one disappeared then showed up when I posted again? Idk. Hope that post helps though lol

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#4 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 AM

I'm pretty skeptical of the tea tree oil I got at the local grocery store. Never heard of the brand before.  I did find this independent test of a bunch of big name brands: http://www.learningabouteos.com/index.php/2013/07/22/3rd-party-testing-on-10-different-brands-of-tea-tree-essential-oil-the-results-are-here/

#5 of 9 Old 09-11-2013, 01:20 AM

Primavera has beautiful (quality) essential oils, including tea tree. They're a German company with mostly organic/biodynamic/fair trade products. I know you can order them at Saffron Rouge and Amazon in the U.S. :)

ian'smommaya likes this.

fairy.giftea6.gifRainbow.gif goorganic.jpgh20homebirth.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.giffemalesling.GIFnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gif​ Rainbow.giftea6.giffairy.gif 

#6 of 9 Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Mountain Rose Herbs is the one place I see recommended by lots of people (who are not in sales) all over the place -- not just in this forum, but on others, in their blogs, IRL, etc. So I would trust them. There are other companies that sell their stuff in MLM-style sales models, and the people who recommend them are almost always IME selling the stuff. I don't trust that quite as much. That being said, I had a friend (who is a sales consultant) give me a small bottle of Melaleuca TTO and it was fabulous. I loved it, used it up, couldn't afford to buy more (and don't want to get involved in that type of business model) so now I use Trader Joe's brand. It's not quite as nice, but I don't see anything wrong with it so I use it. But for what you are looking for, I'd go with Mountain Rose Herbs.

ian'smommaya and darwinNJ like this.
#7 of 9 Old 09-26-2013, 03:24 PM

You are looking for a company that supplies PURE essential oils as often they are diluted with other stuff. Mountain Rose Herbs is good, but I like birchhillhappenings.com. They are local to me in northern MN, but fortunately for others they are a web business too. They only use pure EO and hire an independent company to test the oils. They also have young living type blends at a much cheaper price.

ian'smommaya likes this.
#8 of 9 Old 10-20-2013, 07:56 AM

I use Young Living. I am new to EO's but WOW! They really work! Belly aches, headaches, back pain, foot pain, anxiety, insomnia...are just a few of the things I use them for and it always takes care of my problem!!! I do not sell them, just became a member so that I can order for myself and my sisters and mom! The best thing about them is replacing my OTC medicine cabinet!!!
#9 of 9 Old 10-24-2013, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would run fast from any any MLM'S company like YL or DoTerra. Mountain rose is a great company so is birch hill happening. Robert tisserand is a great informational source for essential oil safety and uses. <3

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page