Diva Cup - I must be doing something wrong. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to the Diva Cup and I can't get it to not leak.

It's not full but I'm leaking in less than 2 hours. I insert it horizontally, do a full rotation, make sure it's not too high, all like the instructions say to do. I'm wearing the size 2, since I'm over 30 and have had 2 c-sections.

What am I doing wrong? I want to love it but it's just not working right now.

Also, removing and reinserting every two hours is making me sore.
#2 of 4 Old 10-22-2013, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You might try the other size. Sometimes one size works better then the other one.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#3 of 4 Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I sometimes have to figure out where my cervix is to make it sit right. Mine sits really low for most of my period which means it's really easy for me to set the Diva cup behind the cervix. I sometimes have to reach in to feel where my cervix is then make sure that the Diva cup sits so that it's cupping it, because any lower and it wouldn't' be inside me anymore.

Mom to DS 4/24/03 and DD 4/17/06
#4 of 4 Old 12-06-2013, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

When you take it out, is it full?  It's possible that your flow actually is heavy enough to fill it in 2 hours; I usually have some spells of flow that heavy.  I feel that a lot of the advertising of cups emphasizing that you CAN wear one for 12 hours makes it sound like it will always hold an entire day's flow, but in my experience this often isn't true.  I usually empty it every time I go to the bathroom, until my flow starts to taper off obviously.

Are you sure it's opening completely?  If it is even a little folded, flow can get past the edge.  On these boards I learned a "dance" to do to make it unfold: rotate your hips as if twirling a hula hoop, then do some high marching steps.  I have no idea why it works, but it often does.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page