Skin tag removal? - Mothering Forums

Skin tag removal?

SevenFromHeaven's Avatar SevenFromHeaven (TS)
02:16 PM Liked: 19
#1 of 8
01-08-2014 | Posts: 41

What's the best/easiest way to get rid of a small skin tag?  I've got one on my shoulder blade and it drives me insane as I feel really self conscious about wearing strappy tops incase people can see it... (Don't know why, it just bugs me!)

I don't really want to go to the Drs (mainly because my GP is not particularly friendly) and would rather just do whatever needs doing at home but never having had one before I have no idea what to do!

Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated!

tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber
10:09 PM Liked: 10644
#2 of 8
01-08-2014 | Posts: 4,099
I heard teatree oil works well.
katelove's Avatar katelove
01:44 AM Liked: 13868
#3 of 8
01-09-2014 | Posts: 3,998
If you tie a piece of strong thread or dental floss very tightly around the base of it, it will drop off after a few days.
happyhats's Avatar happyhats
05:51 PM Liked: 130
#4 of 8
01-16-2014 | Posts: 1,303
I keep hearing acv helps skin tags and moles but havent tried it yet. I should, Im prone to them and woyld like a few gone for vanity sake.
rnra's Avatar rnra
06:20 PM Liked: 780
#5 of 8
01-16-2014 | Posts: 582
Just clip it off. Seriously. It will hurt briefly and then you'll be done!

I used to have several skin tags (like 15+) in my armpits. They had been there for about five years and I was really self conscious about them. I snipped them off about eight years ago, and they've never come back!

Here's the process I used:

Have a shower and wash the area well.

Gather a few cotton balls or pieces of gauze.

Use rubbing alcohol to clean a pair of nail clippers (if it's a large skin tag that won't fit in the clippers, then clean a pair of small sharp scissors).

Clean the area with rubbing alcohol and let it dry.

Hold an ice cube on the spot for a few minutes to numb things a bit.

Take the ice cube off, quickly snip off the tag, and then put the cotton ball on the area and hold pressure for a few minutes.

Gently lift the cotton off. If it's still bleeding, put the same cotton back down and hold it for a few minutes longer. If it has stopped bleeding, then take the cotton off.

That's it! Yes, it hurts. The most pain comes right when you're cutting it, but it's still a little achy after that until things heal up.

Prior to this, I tried tea tree oil (did nothing) and tying floss and string around the tag (hurt severely--worse than cutting it--and the string eventually fell off but the tag did not).

Just cut it off tonight and be done with it!
pepin's Avatar pepin
08:55 PM Liked: 396
#6 of 8
01-16-2014 | Posts: 115

Just came from the dermatologist today to have some of those nasty skin tags zapped off.  I know they are going to look a little unsightly for a week or so but after that it will look as if I never had them to begin with.

JElaineB's Avatar JElaineB
09:34 PM Liked: 14
#7 of 8
01-09-2015 | Posts: 828
I used to have lots of skin tags and went to the dermatologist to have them removed every couple of years. They just snipped them off with surgical scissors similarly to what the PP described. If you have any big ones they might bleed a lot so you might want to have something on hand to stop the bleeding if you do it yourself. Thankfully since I've been eating a very low carb diet the past two years I haven't had any recurrence of them.
MaryClarens
12:19 AM Liked: 3
#8 of 8
Today | Posts: 50
Banana peel is another effective remedy for skin tags due to its strong antioxidant properties. Also, the enzymes present in the banana peel help dissolve the tags naturally. Cut a small piece of banana peel and place the inside part of it over the tag. Wrap a bandage over the peel and leave it on overnight. The next morning, remove the peel and wash the area with water. Repeat every night for a few days until your skin tag drops off.
Tags: Natural Body Care
Reply Subscribe Natural Body Care