Favorite mama cloth? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AF just returned at 5 months and I would like to switch to cloth pads. I bought some Charlie Banana since they were very affordable and I like them, though they are a tad small. What is your favorite cloth pad? Thanks!!

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#2 of 29 Old 01-09-2014, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I like New Moon and Mimi's Dreams. Fleece backing is very cushy and does seem to be waterproof, except in the most extreme deluges.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#3 of 29 Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 AM

I really like Glad Rags because you can add inserts to them to make them thicker. I also like Luna pads but also have some WAHM cloth. 

goorganic.jpg    namaste.gif    nocirc.gif  winner.jpg  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

#4 of 29 Old 01-10-2014, 07:10 AM

I like Homestead Emporium, they are comfy, absorbent and pretty.

Bromache likes this.
#5 of 29 Old 01-10-2014, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I will check those out!

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#6 of 29 Old 01-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I've tried a couple and Gladrags are my favorite!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#7 of 29 Old 01-10-2014, 10:00 PM

I have some Homestead Emporium too and they are lovely but pricey for me. Most of mine are from GEM Cloth and I love them, very cute, work great, and quite affordable too! Here's the link to her website (she's on DiaperSwappers.com too I think):

http://gemcloth.webs.com/

#8 of 29 Old 01-12-2014, 05:53 PM

I have a stack of brown washcloths I fold into 4ths & wear. They're comfortable, long, stay in place & raise no eyebrows on the clothesline.

pohaha likes this.

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

#9 of 29 Old 01-13-2014, 04:52 PM

I never thought of using washcloths Ive got a couple of different ones but I like angelpadz, weenotions and homstead emporium.
#10 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 AM

I use Indan prefolds at night (very cheap at Cotton Babies), folded washcloths at home, and Luna Pads out n about. I carry a perribottle and wool zippered bag I made with a little loop on it to hang on bathroom hook. Most important aspect to mama cloth, I have found, is using a lidded trash can/pail in our bathrooms, so husband doesn't see what going on. Poor guy, I would rinse my overnight prefold on the floor of the shower while I washed my hair in the morning. Shove it in the corner of the shower and wash them after about 3 days. That didn't go over so well. Now I put them into a lidded trash can (with cloth diapers, too) after they get rinsed in the shower. Sterilite makes a small pail with a foot lever and a removable insert that can be rinsed out easily, so you don't need a wet bag.
#11 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 10:56 AM

I use pinklemonade cloth pads, the minky ones and love them! SO much better than disposable!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinklemonadeshop?ref=search_shop_redirect

Melanie Mayo likes this.
#12 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 11:10 AM

Homestead Emporium for sure

Bromache likes this.

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#13 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 11:27 AM

LOVE Homestead Emporium pads!! I've tried others, but hers work the best and hold up awesome. Well worth the price, if you build your stash over time.

Kerry, wife to Chris and SAHM to Liam Michael Orion (06/29/07), Jonah Phoenix (10/07/09), and Naomi Lyra (09/15/13)!!
#14 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 11:54 AM

dominopads.com

Melanie Mayo likes this.
#15 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 02:08 PM

I got mine on easy (can't remember who the seller was) - check them out!  You'll probably have lots to choose from.

Melanie Mayo likes this.
#16 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 03:27 PM

I love Figleaves, pink lemonade shop, and Eco alternatives; all found on Etsy. I've also heard great things about yurt craft, but have yet to try them out. I'm currently preggers again, and use them for incontinence when I cough or sneeze! I love my mama cloth 💕
#17 of 29 Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I also use prefolds and washcloths for mama cloth. I think Id like to splurg on a gem cloth overnight set if I can with taxes. It would be more comfortable for going out and overnight needs.
#18 of 29 Old 01-17-2014, 02:08 PM

I've only tried Gladrags, which I used for years and then when I discovered Lunapad's Lunapanties I've never looked elsewhere. They are so much better than Gladrags for some many reasons, but two really important ones. First is that the inserts are on top instead of inside. When the insert is inside you have to change the whole pad. When they are on top you can just change the insert if you haven't bleed all the way through. Secondly and most important, the pad is sewn into a pair of underwear so no shifting! And they are really comfortable underwear in lots of different styles. 

#19 of 29 Old 01-17-2014, 07:35 PM

#20 of 29 Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Wow!! So many awesome suggestion and many I have'nt looked into yet - thanks!!!

#21 of 29 Old 01-20-2014, 10:00 AM

Check out this page for cloth pad reviews:

http://livinglavidaeco.com/cloth-pad-makers

#22 of 29 Old 01-20-2014, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)

That link is great. Most of the pads don't have reviews attached to them but I like that I could see lots of WAHM made pads and how they look all at once. I just placed an order for one of the Little Bee Creations pads that look like a luna pad substitute so I'll post back here once I try them. OP those Charlie Bananas look nice and it looks like there are a lot of pads similar. The Little Bees makes an AIO pad also that's similar and has good prices ($5-6 for one pad including shipping) or the GEM cloth has good prices too. I've been looking for a while. I'd ordered from one etsy mama and wasn't pleased although they were super cheap. I'm hoping to find something I like myself. 

For all the gladrad mama's .... what is it that you like about them? I liked the look of the adjustable lunapad types better since the insert is on the outside instead of inside but maybe I'm missing something.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#23 of 29 Old 01-22-2014, 05:03 AM

www.partypantspads.com is the website of my favorite pads by far, the AIO Party in My Pants. They have worked great for me during heavy periods, postpartum, and after a miscarriage. They make liners that I use for monthly discharge. I also used their liners during my pregnancies for discharge. They are incredibly thin yet very absorbent. And they come in vivid, gorgeous designs. Even my husband thinks they are lovely compared to disposables!

GladRags are my second favorite, with Luna Pads as my third. I have found that you can use some of the Luna Pad liners with the GladRag holders for greater absorbancy.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband and mother of an angel (lost June '09) and two rainbow1284.gif babies born in July '13. Great things really do come in pairs!
#24 of 29 Old 01-22-2014, 07:07 AM

Crazyms, I like gladrags because they wash and dry easily. I like that i can customize the absorbancy. I also love the size of the night pads because they cover so much and i dont worry about leaks at night. Although I mostly made my own pads--gladrags style, because of my budget.
#25 of 29 Old 01-22-2014, 10:36 AM

The Lunapads and Gladrags seem to have mostly the same features except the Lunapads you wouldn't have to change out the base with the liners every time. I can see the Gladrags being better for nighttime though although I thought Luna might be better for day? I ordered a Little Bees (Luna type) pad and I have a stuffable gladrag type that I wasn't so crazy over. I may need to order an actual nighttime gladrag to try though!

#26 of 29 Old 01-22-2014, 10:39 AM

Oh the partyinmypants offers a free liner to first time customers to test out!!! I was going to check them out as a possible daily liner from reviews here about thinness and absorbency and they offer one free for 3.99 shipping so I can try it. They list mini, thong, demi, or luxe liner to choose from. Any preferences and why? I'm going to search the site and try to figure out the differences but would love to see some opinions from those that tested them.

#27 of 29 Old 01-22-2014, 11:25 AM

I use the luxe liner. It is the widest liner and works best with the type of underwear I use...bikini with a wider crotch, if that makes sense.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband and mother of an angel (lost June '09) and two rainbow1284.gif babies born in July '13. Great things really do come in pairs!
#28 of 29 Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I haven't tried Party in My Pants liners, but for liners in general I have found that they need to be at least 7 inches long because they shift while walking more than thicker pads, so if they are too short they wind up behind where you need them.

I do have an AIO pad from Party in My Pants and don't really like it, partly because it never seems to get all the way clean, partly because it is my only pad with a plain woven (not flannel) cover and I really dislike the crispy texture.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#29 of 29 Old 01-23-2014, 01:25 PM

Domino & Just Fussy. The Just fussy are bamboo or cotton velour with wool backing. I LOVE these. Very breatheable stain resistant great customer service and beautiful colors!!! I have the liners and moonbow pads. Liners work almost as well as the pads.

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page