At what point do you decide natural remedies aren't working? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-06-2014, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have been unsuccessfully battling a pretty bad and I think infected case of sebbhoreic dermetitis in my little guy. So far I've been using only herbs and essential oils, and it's only getting worse. I'm going to fill the doctor's 'scrip for an anti-fungal cream today.

It's got me wondering if I've been stupid to try my own methods first, or if I've waited too long at the expense of my son's comfort. When do you decide it's not working? Or do you just keep trying different things until something does work?
#2 of 3 Old 03-06-2014, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I don't know that I have a specific cut-off but try to listen to my kids. If they are very uncomfortable/upset and want to go to the doctor I will take them, though with the littlest ones that may not work. I will go if I am concerned about an infection that is spreading/getting worse/not responding to treatment.

We have a couple of girls with eczema and one is currently on steroids because our normal treatments were not working for her and it was getting worse. She takes it for 10 days which clears up the skin, makes her less itchy and prone to scratching and then we can work again from there on getting it to stay under control with skin care, diet, etc... My other dd who is usually worse has been responding really great to her current skin care routine, although it is not the most natural of stuff.

#3 of 3 Old 03-06-2014, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
That's a really good way to look at it. I like the idea of getting things under control with the doctor prescribed meds and then trying more natural methods from there.

Thanks for your input!

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page