It's got me wondering if I've been stupid to try my own methods first, or if I've waited too long at the expense of my son's comfort. When do you decide it's not working? Or do you just keep trying different things until something does work?
I don't know that I have a specific cut-off but try to listen to my kids. If they are very uncomfortable/upset and want to go to the doctor I will take them, though with the littlest ones that may not work. I will go if I am concerned about an infection that is spreading/getting worse/not responding to treatment.
We have a couple of girls with eczema and one is currently on steroids because our normal treatments were not working for her and it was getting worse. She takes it for 10 days which clears up the skin, makes her less itchy and prone to scratching and then we can work again from there on getting it to stay under control with skin care, diet, etc... My other dd who is usually worse has been responding really great to her current skin care routine, although it is not the most natural of stuff.
Thanks for your input!
|Natural Body Care|