Any Playdoh recipes??? - Mothering Forums
Natural Body Care > Any Playdoh recipes???
Jenb's Avatar Jenb 01:57 AM 12-05-2001
Hi all!

I am not sure if this is the right forum or not...but anyway...I am looking for a playdoh recipe that can be used for making Christmas ornaments.

Any ideas?
TIA

Corriander's Avatar Corriander 03:08 PM 12-06-2001
One year we made cinnamon paste and molded it into teddy bear ornaments. Buy cinnamon at costco or someplace where you can get a large amount for cheap. Mix with just enough water to make a thick paste. Mold into ornaments, be sure to stick a wire hook or hanger into it before it hardens. Seems like we just left them sitting out to dry and harden. They turn into rocks when completely dry and smell good
gilnikche's Avatar gilnikche 09:07 PM 12-14-2001
This site has all kinds of recipes for dough! You may want to try the salt dough that you bake. You can paint or varnish them after baking. Here is the link:

http://hometown.aol.com/sail2957/
nj_hipmama's Avatar nj_hipmama 10:22 PM 12-14-2001
I have Feed Me I'm Yours by Vicki Lansky and there are recipes in there for everything! There's 5 recipes for playdough, but I think this one would work.

1 C cornstarch
2 C baking soda
1 1/4 C cold water

Mix cornstarch, baking soda, and water. Stir in a saucepan over medium heat for about 4 min or until the mixture thickens to the consistency of moist mached potatoes. Remove from heat, turn out onto a plate, and cover w/ a damp cloth until cool. Knead as you would bread dough. Shape as desired or store in airtight container or plastic bag.

To color, add a few drops of food coloring to the water before mixing it with starch and soda. Or, objects may be left to dry, and then painted w/ tempera or acrylics. Dip in shellac or brush w/ clear nail polish to seal.

Good luck!
Up