Showering in the evening = feeling groggy all day? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I've been showering in the morning since I was a pre-teen, and it wakes me up and invigorates me for the day. But I'm trying to be more active, and many times when I would shower in the morning I would avoid exercise because I didn't want to get sweaty and need a second shower.

So I've started showering in the evenings after exercising. It's nice to go to bed feeling clean and wake up feeling clean. I don't feel like I need a shower from a cleanliness standpoint in the morning (I just wash my face and brush teeth -- it makes the morning routine much quicker!), but I've noticed that I never really "wake up" without a shower.

Will I eventually get used to it? I really don't want to take 2 showers a day, but I also really want to stick to my exercise plan AND not feel groggy all day. What's your experience with showers in relation to feeling awake/alert?

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#2 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I definitely feel less alert if I don't have a shower in the morning.
#3 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I need a shower to wake me up too...and I am groggy and feel less with it if I miss...
#4 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Before bed time I always shower down, but a warm shower not a hot one, nice and soapy and I use a natural sea sponge that feels good on my skin. I generally shower in hotter if I've gymed or, in the past, been on a run. But every morning I habitually shower for that gorgeous spritzy feeling - again, nice and warm, and then I go and eat breakfast. Breakfast restores our blood sugar that depletes during our sleeping time, so that feel-good feeling soon returns.

Limabean, I recommend a nice cuppa tea first thing on waking. Like a bracing breakfast tea of Assam, but not too strong. Tea has always has been my wake up call; I drink mine without milk, just a little demerara sugar and then I go shower. Breakfasting varies. A light muesli followed by a few slices of nice crunchy toast and marnmalade, and that essential cuppa coffe. If I have a physical day ahead, then it's always a cooked breakfast.

If you get your full night's sleep quota, have that cuppa tea on waking. Hot tea always chases away any groggy feeling.

#5 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Same here... A good shower in the morning makes me feel a lot better throughout the day!
But when I feel extra disgusting at the end of the day, I might even take two showers... Is that weird? haha

Tags
Natural Body Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page