Contragel, femcap? Anyone tried? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Contragel, femcap? Anyone tried?

So I used a spermicide insert with that nasty n9 stuff and my boyfriend had a terrible reaction to it. Poor guy. So I found contra gel and femcap on the Internet but can't find any real reviews. Also I've never even used a diaphragm am I gonna figure this out? I was going to try the sponge as well but N9 again so a no go. Found plenty of awful n9 stories on the net no problem.

Help
#2 of 2 Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use Contragel with a diaphragm. Its great, great stuff, the go-to natural spermicide. Highly recommended. There is a barrier contraceptives yahoo group, a bunch of us on there use it. I get contragel from http://contragel.co.uk/ and they also do shipping to the US.

If you can't find a doctor to fit you for a diaphragm, the FemCap is a great option also. Its really not that hard to figure out, you just have to get used to inserting it. You might want to try using condoms for the first few times until you feel more confident in your FemCap.

N-9 is horrible and so harsh! I don't know how anyone uses it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page