Where do you buy Diva cup & pads? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-16-2004, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm very new to this forum, but you guys have TOTALLY sold me on the natural fem products. Where's the best/cheapest place to buy them???
#2 of 9 Old 05-16-2004, 05:41 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but since it's really the same questions - WHERE are the (mama cloth) IN STOCK or OPEN for orders? I, too, am convinced but can't seem to find anyplace with in stock pads or open for orders. Thanks

(Don't know about the previous poster, but I don't mind spam!)
#3 of 9 Old 05-17-2004, 02:20 PM

I just bought my Diva from www.behindbaby.com and it's on sale. It's in Canada though so I don't know what kind of shipping you would have to pay, but worth checking in to!
#4 of 9 Old 05-17-2004, 03:35 PM

If you're in the us and don't want to pay higher shipping I just got a diva cup from
www.mommyshelpers.com it was on sale and I got it within a few days.
#5 of 9 Old 05-17-2004, 07:46 PM

I had the same problem!

I emailed Dana at Hidden Pearl Creations to tweak some Lady Glow pads for me. I just noticed she also has starter packs available now. I haven't gotten them yet, but her service is fantastic, and I'm almost positive I'll love them.

Other recommendations I've heard are:
Cyndiegran
Sweet Cheeks (they're having a special, too)

That's all I've got bookmarked right now. Good luck finding what you want!

Lanna

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)
#6 of 9 Old 05-18-2004, 10:53 PM

just made myself some cloth pads the other day...super easy. you should try it before investing $ if you can get your hand s on a sewing machine! & my diva cup is in the mail, on it's way!
#7 of 9 Old 05-20-2004, 12:54 AM

I've never used cloth pads before, but I'd like to try them. In comparison with store bought pads, are they bulkier and how absorbent are they? Are they more likely for leaks? How many would you recommend buying to start out? Where do you put your 'used' ones if you need to change them while you are out of the house?
Sorry for all the questions.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#8 of 9 Old 05-21-2004, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove
I've never used cloth pads before, but I'd like to try them. In comparison with store bought pads, are they bulkier and how absorbent are they? Are they more likely for leaks? How many would you recommend buying to start out? Where do you put your 'used' ones if you need to change them while you are out of the house?
Sorry for all the questions.
In terms of the bulk, it really depends on the pad. Some are pretty bulky. But many are not. I've only tried three brands: Luna Pads, Fuzzi-Bunz, and Sweet Cheeks. None of them are particularly bulky, although the first two, since they snap around your undies, have some added bulk there. I think that all cloth pads will be thicker than the "ultra-thin" maxis available (which were all I would use), but the bulk is different. They are compressed by the pressure and the body heat makes them comform to your body, so they're much more comfortable. My faves are the Sweet Cheeks; they're about 1/4" thick and don't have the wings.

I haven't really found the cloth pads to leak anymore than disposables.

I haven't used them outside of the house, so no help there. I know that places sell special bags. Check out www.diaperware.com. Maybe you'll get some more links.

HTH.
#9 of 9 Old 05-22-2004, 02:11 PM

My favourite type of cloth pad is...old square cloth diapers cut in half. Really! You don't even have to sew the cut edge, they're very strong and don't fray too fast.

They are bulkier but way more comfy since they're so soft and conform to your body. I get a little more leakage at the sides since they don't have wings, but oh well. Leakage through is non-existant until they start to get really threadbare. I change them at the same frequency as I change disposable pads.

When I'm out of the house I tuck them in the beefy plastic bag that came with my Lunapads, or a freezer-size ziploc. I throw 'em in the cold water bucket when I get home and wash the next morning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page