http://hedgeapple.com/
Has anybody used this with any success?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2002, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered 12 of the hedgeapples and scattered them around the house, basement, and attic. They are supposed to repel spiders and moths. There may be other creatures they repel, but I just noticed the ones that I'm bothered with.

The hedgeapples are beautifully ugly green wrinkly hard balls with a citrusy aroma. They smell great in the 2 closets where I've used them yet are not at all overpowering. It's more like a nostalgia smell, the occasionally citrusy scent wafting around my head. I think Martha Stewart featured them in her magazine recently, using them decoratively as autumn/winter ornaments. They've been up a week and so far I have noticed significantly less spiders around the house. I am skeptical, so will keep an eye out. I think I've seen 2 very small spiders hidden away, but I used to see lots lots more. I've even noticed a significant reduction in the basement- spider heaven in our home. The website says that they are typically effective for about 2 months.

I'll post again to let you know how it's going with them.
www.hedgeapple.com has more info on these and a survey for people to report how they are working. I'm going to wait at least a month before I answer the survey.

User Tag List