Mothering Forum banner

Alternative to baggies?

521 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  moss 
#1 ·
I am always packing snacks for the kids for the car and always use baggies. Are there any alternatives? TIA!

See less See more
#2 ·
little containers? We use the "disposible" (although we don't dispose of them) ziploc containers (they come in a one cup size). For smaller snacks, I also have these great little two oz tupperware containers with blue lids (and they hold salad dressings/salsas etc for lunches too...they're worth the money.

#4 ·
I agree w/ the containers since you can just leave them in the car until you get home and not have to take them anywhere. When I need to be more compact I use unbleached wax paper bags I get at the natural food store. They aren't perfect (no zip lock) but are a pretty good alternative when packing a lunch for an outing where I really don't want to haul around empty containers.

#6 ·
We use disposable baggies made from cellulose from 7th generation. That they they're very easily compostable and I don't feel any guilt throwing them away. UNfortunately I don't think they're making them anymore so I'm hording them...

#7 ·
i either reuse plastic produce bags, or if it's something oily or whatever that i dont want to put into hormone disrupting plastic, i use glass custard dishes.

i really like the idea of using tins.
i bet that there are cute little tins out there that arent made out of aluminum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.