Muffin Tins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2002, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love to make muffins and little loaves of bread but my muffin tins are not really "earth friendly." I love my glass loaf pans- why don't they make glass muffin tins? I need to replace my muffin tins so I am looking for suggestions. What do you use for baking?

Also, I received some non-stick cake pans as a gift and I love them (my cakes turned out so pretty and did not stick) but I guess they really are not safe to use either? Any suggestions - I really do love them though - they are high quality so maybe they will not flake?

Thanks!

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2002, 10:28 PM

I have nonstick muffin pans, so I line them with paper. It's not perfect, but I figure it blocks out some of the yucky stuff. I keep my bird upstairs since I've read that fumes from nonstick cookware are very toxic to them, but really the main danger is from pans cooked on the stove over high heat.

I use full size loaf pans, and they're glass. If you want to use the smaller ones and can't find them in glass, I think you can actually get liners for them, just like muffin pans.

For cakes, you can line the pans with parchment paper. I never do it because I'm too lazy to trace the circle and cut it out, but Martha Stewart does it that way.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:01 PM

I remembered that you can get stoneware cakepans and muffin pans--I know the Pampered Chef has them, although they're not my favorite organization. The Chef's Catalog or Williams Sonoma or Epicurious might be worth a look.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:59 AM

Yeah, I think pampered chef has them...they are freaking expensive though!!

They have stoneware mini loaf pans I just love but I think I will look elsewhere...hoping they are cheaper

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 10-05-2002, 11:55 AM

Exactly, abimommy! I can't afford to shell out 30 bucks for a muffin tin! Yeesh!

User Tag List