Need help for improving health of child and getting over guilt - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi

I have a five year old son who has suffered a lot due to repeated ear infections between the ages 6 mos and 1.5 yrs (he had to take a lot of antibiotics) and then several wheezing episodes between 2 and ongoing. He has had many severe attacks of wheezing and had to be put on steroids many times. He has thankfully been free of any major attack the last 1.5 yrs. I have in the last 2-3 yrs made a lot of transformation and now I buy >95% only organic produce, never use any chemical cleaners, etc. I am now expecting my second child coming June.

I need help with the foll:
1. Whenever I see my son, I am constantly reminded of the antibiotics I consumed during my pregnancy with him and all the harsh medicines Ihave made him take. I want to somehow de-toxify his tender body of all those chemicals. Can someone who has had similar experience tell me how?
2. I am also consumed with so much of guilt now with my second pregnancy. I am now eating organic foods, trying to have a homebirth after my c-section with my son, thinking of using only cloth diapers on the new child and ofcourse trying to stay away from conventional medicines. None of these I did for my first child. Has anyone experienced such a feeling?

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-01-2005, 11:26 PM

You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better! It sounds like you are making some very positive changes in your life that are going to benefit your entire family!
#3 of 5 Old 03-02-2005, 09:50 PM

Do a search for homeopathic care providers in the area. If there are none, just read, read, read! Thank goodness for the internet!

I contacted a homeopath in my area about possibly detoxifying my 3 yo, but she told me that it would not be a wise decision. Their bodies should detoxify on their own. She said at that age it really wasn't safe.

I am DYING to learn more about homeopathic otc treatments for common ailments and am searching to find the time. Eveything takes so much time to research. I've spent a whole day trying to find the right mattress (organic) to buy for my younger daughter who moved into a big girl bed!

Heather
http://www.zensicallife.com
#4 of 5 Old 03-03-2005, 05:10 PM

I feel very similar feelings regarding my oldest DD. She is 14 and my younger ones are 3 & 1 (and expecting another in October). Between the births of my oldest and my 2nd my life changed sooooo much. I've learned so much, I've evolved in life. I was a good mom with her but not near as good as with the later ones. I have aplologized to her and she just laughs about it. My reassurance is that even though I didn't give her all I now think I should have at a young age, at least I am now teaching her a healthy lifestyle. Also she is learning how to be a mom by watching me parent the little ones. I think it will all turn out very well for all my kids!
#5 of 5 Old 03-04-2005, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Even I say sorry to my son now and then, he asks me why and I tell him for having made some wrong decisions reg. his health due to ignorance and he consoles me saying that it is alright, now everything is well and I shouldn't worry. I guess the fact that we are doing better things for them now is good, and I tell myself I should keep working at it more. I did contact a homeopathic doctor very recently in my area. He has asked me to bring my son for a case study where he will try to understand him and try to cure him of the asthma first before de-toxifying and such.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page