keeper vs. diva cup - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 12-20-2006, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, once you get it down (I'd say 2 cycles), there is virtually NO mess at all. We both use the punch down method of insertion, which is pressing the edge of the rim of the cup toward the middle of the cup, then folding the remainder of the cup in "half". Insertion (after you've wiped clean, of course) is pretty simple, like an o.b. or something of the kind, just getting it in until your fingers no longer cooperate. Then, you can just take the base that is still sticking out, and push it in further. I pinch the bottom of my cup, to help it open up, give it a twist and a little tiny push (I personally have to make sure the rim of the cup is past my vag wall). Then, run your finger around the outside of the cup to make sure it's open (a soft squish inside is normal, because it is flexible).
Then comes my Diva Dance:::::
I stand up, bend at the knees w/ feet hip width apart, and circle my hips in both directions like I'm hoola hooping. Diva will inevitably move to her comfy spot, and no leakyleaky!

Removal is simple w/ a tiny bit of bearing down so you can reach the ridges on the base (my stem is still in tact as a guide, and it doesn't rub on me like it does others who cut it off). I pinch the base to help break the seal, and gently fold the base a little to give it a "fold" (not like the fold going in though) for removal. Dump the fluids, wipe myself (with cloth!!), rinse the cup, and re-insert. I hardly ever come in contact w/ fluids.
Best removal and rinse after day 2 is in the shower. Getting Diva back in perfectly while standing in the shower has been a PITA, so I squat to do it, or put a foot up.

Anyway, when you decide to take the plunge, I'm good for support! No looking back for me!
#32 of 39 Old 12-21-2006, 12:34 PM

I will definitely be coming back here for support, thank you! It might still be a few months before I get one, but you'll be hearing from me.

Homeschooling mom to four kids, ages 18, 18, 10, and 6. 

#33 of 39 Old 12-27-2006, 08:49 PM

This is my 2nd month using the DIVA CUP AND I LOVE IT!! I found a great price on the internet for $19.99 for it!
#34 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 12:32 PM

Crunchy where did you find it?
#35 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2fiya View Post
Crunchy where did you find it?
Yea I want to know too! I have a friend who wholesales them for twenty, but I missed the ordering
#36 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 02:21 PM

Ladies here are a few links to the $19.99 diva cups , you might need to compare and see which comes out the least with shipping. Most of them offer free shipping over $50 or $75 and I need 2 cups and few other things so I ended up w/ no tax and no shipping...

here are the links directly to the diva cups..

betterlife.com

http://www.betterlife.com/prod_home_...?prod_id=25058

lucky vitamin

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/857538000022.html

fubao health

http://www.fubaohealthstore.com/Diva...CupModel2.html
#37 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchyandsweet View Post
Ladies here are a few links to the $19.99 diva cups , you might need to compare and see which comes out the least with shipping. Most of them offer free shipping over $50 or $75 and I need 2 cups and few other things so I ended up w/ no tax and no shipping...

here are the links directly to the diva cups..

betterlife.com

http://www.betterlife.com/prod_home_...?prod_id=25058

lucky vitamin

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/857538000022.html

fubao health

http://www.fubaohealthstore.com/Diva...CupModel2.html
PERFECT! I have a huge order in at luckyvitamin anyways, so now i'll just add the divacup to it thx.
#38 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 04:42 PM

WELCOME:-) I like luckyvitamin.com as well.. as I order several things like the LUNA bars and the kids bath care products oh yeah and Dr bronner's ( I Love this man..hehehe! )
#39 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchyandsweet View Post
WELCOME:-) I like luckyvitamin.com as well.. as I order several things like the LUNA bars and the kids bath care products oh yeah and Dr bronner's ( I Love this man..hehehe! )
Between me and 4 other people we just put in a 200$ order at that site :
Tons of stuff lol, only sucky part is I have to sort it all when it comes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page