Sunscreen? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-30-2005, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now that spring is finally here, I'm wondering about the pros and cons of sunscreen. We really like to do a lot of outdoors stuff in the summer so we need to do sunscreen every day. What's worse in your opinion, the dangers of skin cancer from the sun or the chemicals in sunscreen? Any links would be appreciated.
#2 of 5 Old 04-01-2005, 02:55 PM

I had the same worries. I try to dress my toddler in cool long sleeves and hats when we go out. I recently purchased an "All Natural Sunscreen" from UBB's Natural Family Boutique (on-line). And am using that. So that is what I do. I would be careful of not using anything ( i got really bad second degree burns as a child from my grandparents not using anything ). So if you don't use anything, just be hyper vigilent.
#3 of 5 Old 04-04-2005, 12:58 AM

I don't care to put a lot of lotions on my girls that aren't necessary so I try to plan sunny day outings later in the day and only use suncreen on the high points (cheeks, shoulders, nose) and it's worked out pretty well. Hats, definitely and I look for places to play that are well shaded. The hardest part of my summer is keeping them busy 'till 3pm before they hit the pool. We tend to run on later hours (up late at night, up later in the am) and it works for us.

Been quietly hanging around here for over 10 years.  

#4 of 5 Old 04-04-2005, 11:26 AM

subscribing to this thread as we are looking for something too. I'd like to find something for my 2 yr old and for my fair, sensitive skin... just for faces though.
#5 of 5 Old 04-05-2005, 08:11 AM

We cover up as much as possible around here and only use sunscreen when absolutely necessary~ we also have very sensitive skin. I just ordered CA baby unscented sublock. I am hoping it is as gentle as it says it is.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page