Mothering Forum banner

brown spots on clothing

979 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  lovenlabor 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out these mysterious brown spots on ds' clothes. I put the clothes in the wash without the stains and they come out with them. I don't understand it. Could it be saliva stains from the drooling? I hope one of you experienced mamas has some idea what this could be and maybe even a suggestion on how to get the stains out.
Thanks in advance,
Nylika

#2 ·
are they tiny brown spots? could it be mold from being drooled on then sitting damp in the hamper when waiting to be washed? this can happen suprisingly fast, like in a couple days. i say it might be something like that cuz i was throwing all my rags and dishtowels into a bag before washing them and they got little mold stains on them . it took me a while to figure out till i got some on some dipes too, and then i went OH DUH! (i keep my dirty dipe in a dry canvas bag) so maybe if you air out the damp clothes before thrwoing them in a hamper or bag it wont happen?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.