The Essential Oil Discussion Group (Post here.) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 99 Old 08-28-2005, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All,

This thread might have been its own Tribe or maybe it could have gone in Health and Healing, but it belongs here. I did some searches in each forum and this forum is the one people choose most frequently to talk about pure essential oils or EOs.

As you join this discussion thread, please read through these questions to see if any inspire you as topics for discussion.

Warmly,
Caitlin

TOPICS FOR DISCUSSIONS
* What was your most recent use of EOs, why, how, and in what form (mister, diffuser, bath time, massage, shampoo, plastic spray bottle for cleaning, etc.)?

* What EOs do you use most frequently with your children and how? What EOs did you use (or avoid) while pregnant?

* What EOs do you use for cleaning and how? Please share your recipes. What kind of containers you use? How do you label them? What is their shelf life?

* What is your favorite carrier oil and why? How do you use it?

* What is your favorite EO blend and why?

* What is your opinion of available commercial blends? (i.e. California Baby's "Resistance Builder," Aura Cacia's "Energize," Tiferet's "Moontime," Young Living's "Thieves") Do you have one you would recommend (for or against use)? Please share the web link for it, if you can.

* Have you ever misused an EO? Tell us about it. (i.e. Choose a poor carrier oil. Sprayed a mist somewhere you regretted it. Blended EOs that didn't go together.)

* What kind of diffuser do you use (room, car, jewelry, electric, candle, hot water on the stove,on a lightbulb, etc.)? What kind of diffuser do you recommend? Please share the web link for it, if you can.

* How do you store your EOs? How are they labeled? Do you date them? (i.e. I have some of mine on a shelf in the bathroom, behind the medicine cabinet for use in my children's baths. The others are in a labeled, plastic zip lock in the hall closet on a shelf with other medicines. The labels are the ones that they came with, mostly just the names, but the Aura Cacia brand has a word or two on use.)

* Among pure essential oils, which have the shortest and longest shelf life? Have you ever had any oils go bad? How did you know? What is the shelf life of your recipes (i.e. your cleaning spray)? How do you know when it is not longer effective?

* Have you over-used a favorite oil and gotten sick of it? (i.e. I used lavender EO during my first pregnancy to help reduce nausea and, four years later, I'm still sick of it.)

* Do you use Eucalyptus smithii (as opposed to E. globulus) and how?

* Have you used Thieves' blend (a.k.a. Grave Robber's blend) and how (i.e. on a bandana around your neck before you got on the airplane)?

* Have you ever used EOs in the context of a meeting, where you have passed around a vial and asked everyone to sniff? What did you use and how did it work out?

* What is your favorite recipe for EOs in a base of liquid Castile soap?
#2 of 99 Old 08-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Ooh. Great idea!!!

Will ponder and post again later. Thanks for putting this up!
#3 of 99 Old 08-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Well I would love to jump in on this one!
I have been collecting, blending and using EO's for about 10 years now, since my first pregnancy.
As a doula, I use a few essential EO's in my practice, the most valuable being peppermint.
I use it to aid in preventing nausea, and it is a 99.9% effective remedy for mamas who get sick during labor. It is also calming despite its stimulative nature and even physicians love coming into my labor rooms because of the smell of peppermint.

As for this question:
What is your favorite carrier oil and why? How do you use it?
I like EPO, Grapeseed oil, almond. Those are my 3. They are soothing and light and beneficial for women.

As for
Among pure essential oils, which have the shortest and longest shelf life?
My darker oils go bad faster I find. It may be temp. specific- I live in the Keys where it is hot year round. Sandlewood, patchouli, cedarwood, and the like tend to go bad faster for me. THe lighter ones, mints, citrus, flowers seem to stay fresher the longest IMO.
#4 of 99 Old 08-29-2005, 01:24 PM

I love essential oils. I've had lavender around the house for probably 15 years, but only got into other oils 5 years or so ago. Now I have 15-20 oils, some of which I use medicinally, many I blend for soaps or bath products. I love the amazing variety of natural scents, their complexity and depth. I love their therapeutic uses. I love playing with them and learning about them. The oils I use most are lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus and citrus oils (lemon, tangerine, grapefruit). I also adore woody scents like sandalwood, cedar, amyris.

Now I'm going to answer a few questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaddick
* What was your most recent use of EOs, why, how, and in what form (mister, diffuser, bath time, massage, shampoo, plastic spray bottle for cleaning, etc.)? I used lavender to relax in a bath on Saturday afternoon when my partner took the boy out for the day.

* What EOs do you use most frequently with your children and how? What EOs did you use (or avoid) while pregnant? Just lavender, in baths and such. And eucalyptus and thyme in the humidifier when he's sick. Didn't use many oils when I was pg. Didn't avoid them, just didn't use them.

* What EOs do you use for cleaning and how? Please share your recipes. What kind of containers you use? How do you label them? What is their shelf life?I make spray cleaner and powdered cleanser. The spray cleaner is just water, vinegar and eo's (usually tea tree, lavender and citrus oils) in a spray bottle. The cleanser is just borax, baking soda and the same e.o.s. in a shaker bottle. I don't label them and I have no idea of their shelf life because we go through them quickly!

* What is your favorite carrier oil and why? How do you use it? Well, my favorite 'vehicle' for eo's is unrefined shea butter. Whipped shea butter is luxurious on skin.

* What is your favorite EO blend and why? I make a blend of lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary and litsea cubeba that I adore. I could smell it all day. I use it in soap, bath products, room sprays. Citrus smells are so refreshing and sunny to me, and the combination of the citrus and herbal smells... I just love it.

* Have you ever misused an EO? Tell us about it. (i.e. Choose a poor carrier oil. Sprayed a mist somewhere you regretted it. Blended EOs that didn't go together.) Well, I dumped a whole 4 oz. bottle of rosemary e.o. all over my kitchen. Does that count as 'misuse'?

* What kind of diffuser do you use (room, car, jewelry, electric, candle, hot water on the stove,on a lightbulb, etc.)? What kind of diffuser do you recommend? Please share the web link for it, if you can. I use a simple candle diffuser. Inexpensive, simple, effective.

* How do you store your EOs? How are they labeled? Do you date them? In their original bottles on a shelf in the hallway closet. No dates (that's a good idea, though!)

* Among pure essential oils, which have the shortest and longest shelf life? Have you ever had any oils go bad? How did you know? What is the shelf life of your recipes (i.e. your cleaning spray)? How do you know when it is not longer effective? These are good questions... I have had some oils for 2+ years without a noticable decline in scent (though perhaps in therapeutic qualities?). Others have faded, though I've never had a pure e.o. smell rancid or bad. I try to buy only what I'll use within a year.

* What is your favorite recipe for EOs in a base of liquid Castile soap? Well, I'm in love with my lemon-herb blend above. And lavender with tangerine or peppermint.
#5 of 99 Old 08-29-2005, 02:12 PM

I'm new to essential oils, so I definitely want to pay attention to this thread! Thank you for posting it. I will answer the questions that are relevant to my, so far very limited, experience:

* What was your most recent use of EOs, why, how, and in what form (mister, diffuser, bath time, massage, shampoo, plastic spray bottle for cleaning, etc.)? I used bergamot in my baking soda no-shampoo paste. I used pine and orange in a room spray but it didn't scent the room for more than just a few minutes ...? I put tea tree oil, grapefruit, and lemon eucalyptus in a bottle with vinegar and use it to spray in my shower. I used lavendar in a candle diffuser in our bedroom at night -- yummy!

* What EOs do you use most frequently with your children and how? I have used lavendar in the bedroom at night a time or two.

* What EOs do you use for cleaning and how? Please share your recipes. What kind of containers you use? How do you label them? What is their shelf life? I am interested to learn about this, I have virtually no experience with it.

Grapfruit and vanilla because it is sunny and fresh, but homey, too.

* Have you ever misused an EO? Tell us about it. Well, I read somewhere that you can keep a room smelling nice by putting EO's in a babyfood jar with some rice and the rice absorbs the oil and keeps scenting the air. I tried it but I couldn't smell anything, even after shaking it around a lot (abusing it? :LOL) So it turned out to be a waste of good EOs.

* What kind of diffuser do you use (room, car, jewelry, electric, candle, hot water on the stove,on a lightbulb, etc.)?
I have used a candle diffuser but would like one that is less obvious for during the day. I have tried vacuuming up a scented cotton ball and that works pretty well. However, my husband does all our vacuuming and he is not interested in using the EOs.

* How do you store your EOs? How are they labeled? Do you date them? Right now I have them on the top shelf of our wine glass cupboard, but if I really start using them and purchasing more I have to come up with a better strategy. I dont date them .... I'm married! (ok, cheesy joke, I know.)
#6 of 99 Old 08-29-2005, 02:15 PM

Another EO lover here. What I've used over the past couple days:

~eucalyptus in jojoba to make a chest rub for my sick babe

~lavendar nightly in the kids' bath

~lemon oil on my sponge when wiping down the counters (just bc I love the smell)

~peppermint w/my vinegar & water solution for cleaning just about everything.

~chammomile w/water to spray on my daughter's curly hair after brushing

I have found that when using plastic containers, for example spray bottles, the EO scent stays in the bottle, despite washing. So having separate bottles for each scent works well.

I'd love to buy a good difuser if anyone has any recommendations or links.

Great thread.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#7 of 99 Old 09-05-2005, 08:58 AM

* What was your most recent use of EOs, why, how, and in what form (mister, diffuser, bath time, massage, shampoo, plastic spray bottle for cleaning, etc.)?
Plastic spray bottle, grapefruit and tea tree EOs in water, sprayed on the wall in the kitchen to deter a small army of ants. Originally, that bottle was made to spray the bathroom after showering to inhibit mold growth because we have really poor ventilation in the bathroom, but I was reading that ants don't like citric acid . . . and they really, really don't!

* What EOs do you use for cleaning and how? Please share your recipes. What kind of containers you use? How do you label them? What is their shelf life? Most of my EO use is for cleaning or household use. I get 50-cent spray bottles at the discount store and fill them with water and some combination of EO and/or oil. Tea tree and extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) for the baby's wipes, grapefruit and tea tree for the bathroom, lavender in the washing machine and with beeswax to polish wooden furniture. . . .

* What kind of diffuser do you use (room, car, jewelry, electric, candle, hot water on the stove,on a lightbulb, etc.)? What kind of diffuser do you recommend? Please share the web link for it, if you can.
I have a little pottery diffuser in the kitchen that I *love* -- it's bright yellow with blue flowers -- very cheerful -- that I got on sale at the local hippy-crunchy-granola store for $3. It was made by a local artist, and is the kind that holds a tealight in the bottom and the oil and water in a shallow basin on the top. I use The Body Shop's "brandied apple" EO mix in that one a lot -- the bottle's at least 5 years old (I keep losing it then finding it again every time we move) and it still smells great.

* How do you store your EOs? How are they labeled? Do you date them?
The tea tree stays in an empty plastic wipes container that I use to hold the baby's health items -- nail clippers, thermometer, etc. Lavender and grapefruit are on the windowsill in the kitchen, tucked into a fairly dark corner by the edge of the cabinets, along with the brandied apple mix. I think that's all I have in the house at the moment. I tend to keep them in whatever room I last used them in, somewhere visible but out of Qualia's reach. I store them in the bottles I buy them in, as they're labeled and usually dated by the manufacturer.

I love peppermint, because it wakes me up when nothing else is working.

My question to you all:
What is your favorite online resource for buying EOs?

I ask because our local happy-hippy-crunchy-granola store carries a limited line of EOs, but the markup is pretty painful and I can't always find what I'm looking for. I'd love to have a couple good resources for price comparison, but I know quality can range pretty widely.

Thanks!
#8 of 99 Old 09-05-2005, 09:00 AM

I meant to mention to the PP -- I got a little clay diffuser at The Body Shop that works great! It's small and, more importantly at this stage of our lives, sturdy, but also has clean lines and looks nice. I don't remember it being terribly expensive -- I bought mine years ago, but every time I've been in a Body Shop since then, I've seen them, so they should still offer them.
#9 of 99 Old 09-05-2005, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369
My question to you all:
What is your favorite online resource for buying EOs

Thanks!
Essential Oil University Good, inexpensive oils.
#10 of 99 Old 09-05-2005, 11:35 AM

Awesome! Thank you!!
#11 of 99 Old 09-05-2005, 12:57 PM

Hi Ladies! Im very new to using e/os does anyone have a good site where it talks about dilution for cleaning and other stuff?
Also- could someone help me with a massage oil? My DH woke up this morning with a really really sore back. He took DS1 with him to his class reunion which they flew to . He carried DS1 (2 on saturday) all over the airports and he played golf over the weekend and all that. I have vegitable glycerine, almond sweet oil and grapeseed oil, along with peppermint e/o (I have pink grapefruit too) If I combine those oils and add some e/o how much e/o should I put in it? How much is safe?
Thanks Ladies!
#12 of 99 Old 09-05-2005, 01:46 PM

Good thread! I've been wanting to buy more EOs lately. Right now I have peppermint and TTO. I'm thinking about buying lavendar and maybe some citrus, and I love the idea of vanilla and grapefruit! mmmmm....

The last time I used EOs was yesterday when I added peppermint and TTO to my (unscented) laundry detergent. And those clothes smell GOOD!

I use an Aura Cacia room fragrance (not often, but when needed) that is sweet orange and patcholi. This is a favorite with most women I know. Sometimes we spray it on ourselves, just for the pick me up. (It was sort of an in-joke with my friends before I moved that we all liked that same scent. We'd meet someone, and she'd have it in her house, and we'd say "Yup, you're one of us!")

In terms of massage oil, I've always bought already made blends. I'd like to start making my own, tho. I generally like Aura Cacia's products but I do not like their massage oil.

Once upon a time, I had a very cool Aura Cacia sample thingy-ma-bob (one of the ones they have at HFS to let customers sample the EOs). I got it as a gift from a co-worker, who worked in that dept. It was awesome, but I gave it to my mom. Silly me!
#13 of 99 Old 09-05-2005, 11:26 PM

Almond or grapeseed are great bases for massage oils. I'd be careful with either the grapefruit or peppermint oils in it, though - most citrus oils increase photosensitivity (read: sunburn; I'm not certain that grapefruit is a sensitizer, though) and peppermint can be too intense. But, for a sore-muscle massage, a bit of peppermint might have a good chill/tingle effect. I'd start with just a couple drops of peppermint (in, say 3-4 oz. of oils). Peppermint and lavender are great together (also, a traditional tension headache remedy).

Also just had to share my latest essential oil use: Hangover Cure! I haven't had a hangover in, oh, 15 years. But last night we had a paella party with some friends and I drank too much of too many different kinds of alcohol. Woke up with that dizzy scalp-is-too-tight feeling. Ugh. Whipped out the aromatherapy book and made a blend for my morning bath (sandalwood, lavender, lemon, grapefruit and rosemary). Smelled divine, and it really helped.
#14 of 99 Old 11-17-2005, 03:54 AM

Bump to November...

I want to learn more about EO's....

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#15 of 99 Old 11-17-2005, 01:34 PM

I use EOs in my bath, every other day. Tuesday it was geranium, beragmot, and clary sage. Today I may swap out the clary sage for some eucalyptus, because I have a cold. Monday I may a deodorant spray of witch hazel, tea tree EO, and lavender EO. I like eucalyptus and thyme in a humidifier; I need to pull that out today.

* What EOs do you use most frequently with your children and how? What EOs did you use (or avoid) while pregnant?

Lavender the most. Eucalyptus and thyme when they are ill. I'm using a Badger sleep balm right now, but will make my own when it runs out. I also need to make a chest rub for colds.

* What EOs do you use for cleaning and how? Please share your recipes. What kind of containers you use? How do you label them? What is their shelf life?

I haven't done this in awhile, but do need to make some new cleaners. I like lavender and tea trea mixed with baking soda and borax, in water. I try to find aluminum spray bottles, but will use the big plastic ones if that is all I can find.

* What is your favorite carrier oil and why? How do you use it?

I like sweet almond and apricot kernal for the body (nice and light), and jojoba for the hair (because it is the most like natural sebum).

I make a synergystic mood blend of lavender, bergamot, and geranium. When I started having bladder problems I switched out the lavender for clary sage.

* What is your opinion of available commercial blends? (i.e. California Baby's "Resistance Builder," Aura Cacia's "Energize," Tiferet's "Moontime," Young Living's "Thieves") Do you have one you would recommend (for or against use)? Please share the web link for it, if you can.

I've never purchased a commercial EO blend, but I have purchased EO ready made products, like Badger Balm and California Baby (won't buy that again becasue of the parabens). There are EOs in my shampoo, conditioner, facial products, and hand lotion.

* Have you ever misused an EO? Tell us about it. (i.e. Choose a poor carrier oil. Sprayed a mist somewhere you regretted it. Blended EOs that didn't go together.)

Let's just say that even 1 drop of rosemary EO in creamy potato soup was too much. Oh yeah, I made mists for presents with citrus EOs and I didn't use enough EOs because the scents faded rapidly, I didn't know that about citrus EOs.

I have had a candle diffuser and the plug-in kind. I prefer the candle diffuser, but it got broken somehow. Right now I just prefer water, usually a bath.

* How do you store your EOs? How are they labeled? Do you date them? (i.e. I have some of mine on a shelf in the bathroom, behind the medicine cabinet for use in my children's baths. The others are in a labeled, plastic zip lock in the hall closet on a shelf with other medicines. The labels are the ones that they came with, mostly just the names, but the Aura Cacia brand has a word or two on use.)

I have mine in 2 different medicine cabinets. They aren't dated, but I will start doing that. They just have the labels on them, mostly aura cacia.

* Among pure essential oils, which have the shortest and longest shelf life? Have you ever had any oils go bad? How did you know? What is the shelf life of your recipes (i.e. your cleaning spray)? How do you know when it is not longer effective?

I don't really know. None of my oils have gone bad. I do know that it is time to replace some of them, so I am doing that slowly.

* Have you over-used a favorite oil and gotten sick of it? (i.e. I used lavender EO during my first pregnancy to help reduce nausea and, four years later, I'm still sick of it.)

Nope.

* Do you use Eucalyptus smithii (as opposed to E. globulus) and how?

Mine is E. globulus.

* Have you used Thieves' blend (a.k.a. Grave Robber's blend) and how (i.e. on a bandana around your neck before you got on the airplane)?

Never tried it.

* Have you ever used EOs in the context of a meeting, where you have passed around a vial and asked everyone to sniff? What did you use and how did it work out?

Nope.

I haven't done this, but I imagine I would like a lavender/eucalyptus/lemon blend for hands.

Kimberly
#16 of 99 Old 11-17-2005, 03:07 PM

euc, lav, thyme, peppermint in bath for chest colds (the whole family)...can't figure a good way to do it in the shower, sometimes I just drip some down the walls but it fades quickly......

lavender, peppermint, euc, thyme...also clove EO in safflower oil base for topical teething rub. didn' t know much when I was preggers.

i drop tree tree or lav in the garbage can or down a stinky kitchen sink. going to make my own cleanser today with vinager, tea tree and lav EO, and grapefruit seed extract (GSE), and water (got the recipe on another mothing forum about home products). i keep them in the medicine cab or by the bath in their orig containers--we cruise through them pretty quickly

in an attempt to relax my sister just before her wedding, i accidentally put too much lav oil on her and me and it was totally overpowering, she was annoyed and i'm sure the smell today still conjures up the feeling of anxiousness realted to that moment. someone had passed a bottle under my nose at my wedding and it was very calming. so the rule is take a sniff but don't apply it directly to the skin! (duh)

also i haven't done this but don't use to much clove with the baby teething recipe--i think 1 drop to 2 tablespoons of safflower oil-- b/c it can cause blistering or somethiing unpleasant.

no but that reminds me that i have an "emergency" kit in my purse with rescue remedy and skin salve , bandaids etc....and a bottle of lavender in case of something upsetting like a fender bender. that happened to us a while back, and the girls were pretty upset and so were we, i just kept making everyone sniff the bottle. i wanted to offer some to the old asian lady in the other car involved b/c she looked like she was going to pass out but I didn't want to freak her out with my "magic potion"--she didn't speak english.

good thread
#17 of 99 Old 11-17-2005, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't use any carrier oils. I put a few drops of lavender oil in my dryer with the wet clothes, put a few drops (of either lavender or jasmine) in my bathtub, and I use spearmint or lavender in my cleaners.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#18 of 99 Old 11-20-2005, 07:58 PM

I love EO's! I'm just subscribing right now...be back to post later.
#19 of 99 Old 11-21-2005, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a question. My SIL is deathly scared of flying. My ILs are taking all of us (kids, spouces, ect) to Hawaii for 2 weeks over Christmas. I would like to make her something that would help on the plane, any ideas? I have a bouttle of Rescue Remedy, but any EO ideas?

Thanks!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#20 of 99 Old 11-21-2005, 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=cwaddick]

TOPICS FOR DISCUSSIONS
I mainly use eo's in my diffuser to scent the house. I do have an electric (no heat) diffuser but I actually prefer my candle lit one. It will scent the whole house if the eo's are strong enough.

I don't use them often with the kids. Sometimes lavender in the bath, but that's about it.

I don't clean with them because when I mix the eo's with vinegar, I've never liked the result. Also, certain eo's I've used previously for cleaning now stick in my mind associated with that and it kind of ruins the scent for me.

Right now its Wyndmere's 'Cheering Comfort'. It's a spicy/citrus blend that is nice for cold weather. I also like equal amounts of ylang ylang and lemon.

I've experimented making perfumes and never really got the hang of it. I might try again when I've got some more time.

I keep all of mine in there original bottles in a box on one of the bookshelves in our family room.
#21 of 99 Old 11-21-2005, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg
I have a question. My SIL is deathly scared of flying. My ILs are taking all of us (kids, spouces, ect) to Hawaii for 2 weeks over Christmas. I would like to make her something that would help on the plane, any ideas? I have a bouttle of Rescue Remedy, but any EO ideas?

Thanks!
You could make her a neck pillow (one of those curvy ones) and fill it with lavender (I would use it whole, not the EO). Or you could buy one for her, and maybe scent it with the EO, but be careful not to overdo it!

Mostly, tho, I would hold her hand. Or make sure someone does. Help distract her (if that works for her) or help her remain calm and focused if that's what works. DO NOT allow anyone to make fun of her fear (it doesn't sound like you would, but other people on the plane or the stewards might... tho they are usually gentle and kind to people who are scared.)

HTH!
#22 of 99 Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 PM

I either get my eo's from Whole foods (aura cacia and wyndmere) or www.mountainroseherbs.com.

One bad experience that I forgot to mention in my previous post was the time I used jojoba oil as a hand lotion. It worked really well but the skin on my hands became addicted to it very quickly. My hands would get sooo dry until they got there fix. So I stopped and made them detox . Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
#23 of 99 Old 11-23-2005, 08:49 PM

Subscribing...

So far I've only used lavender (love it) and TTO (hate it). Just learned about Bergemot and am going to try it mixed with alcohol for deodorant. Hope to learn lots here.
#24 of 99 Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 PM

bump...
I found some sweet almond oil (I got it a few months back and forgot why) in a cabinet the other day...what are the uses for it?
#25 of 99 Old 12-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Nice Thread!!!

I'm so completely new to Essential Oil, and this thread has some great info!!

I just ordered my first eo's from mountainrose, someone here provided the link. Awaiting eagerly for the products. I ordered Almond oil, Lavender oil, Orange Sweet oil, and some other herbs!!! And also white clay & castile soap liquid looking forward to making my own shampoo!!!!

Anyway, thanks for the thread! Very helpful!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#26 of 99 Old 12-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Hi, you can purchase from Mountain Rose Herbs AND support MDC from this post here.

HTH someone!

~Katherine
#27 of 99 Old 12-10-2005, 12:37 AM

Hi mzfern, I ordered before I posted here.

Thanks for the link, next time hopefully!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#28 of 99 Old 12-10-2005, 09:47 AM
jkg

Hi Everyone, I just subscribed to this thread because everyone is offering such great info! I have a question about EOs and pets. I read that use of EOs in the house can be toxic to cats. I use lavender in my diffusers and I have two cats in a very small house. Is there a safer EO I could be using? Thanks!
#29 of 99 Old 12-13-2005, 02:16 AM

Great thread!

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Kobashi oils? www.kobashi.com

I bought several and am not so sure about them. I don't have a lot of experience with oils but about 6 months ago bought some from Young Living and really liked them.

Kobashi came recommended to me - my friend said Young Living was totally overpriced. But I have to say that the Young Living oils smell a lot better then Kobashi.

But this newbie doesn't really know much of anything.

Any opinions?

Okay, and I'll add one of my favorite uses:

1 cup baking soda
3 tbs cinnamon
5-10 drops orange oil

Great cleaning product for your sinks! Also I sprinkled it in all my shoes last week to make them smell better and to freshen up my closet. Loved it!
#30 of 99 Old 12-19-2005, 05:02 PM

I love lavender & citrus scents. I'm so glad that I found this thread, because I just had a freak thing happen yesterday! I was using my candle diffuser with "fir needle" (it smells like pine), when my dh called me down stairs to in a very unhappy tone! The glass part where the water & oil goes broke! In a circle where the flame probably was concentrated! I'm so mad. I want to smell that lovley christmas pine scent! Now I don't have anything to burn it in! I do have a wax tart melter thing but it currently has wax in it! Can I use this once the wax is gone?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page