Raw Nose - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-30-2005, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ya'll,

The inside of my nose is so raw and I mean raw. It's been this way on and off for the last two years. All doctors do is give me a steriod spray which makes it worse or use saline and pertrolemum jelly. And that doesn't help and besides now I would not put that stuff in my nose. Once a doctor carterized it and that helped to heel it. My question is what can I use in my nose to help heel it and keep it that way? And a humidifier does not help either.

Thanks,
Sandi_lea
#2 of 4 Old 09-30-2005, 01:06 PM

The inside of my nose gets like that sometimes...much more in the winter. I use Country Comfort Herbal Savvy with comfrey, it helps a lot. I use a q-tip to smear it on the insides of my nose every night before I go to bed. I used to get really bad nosebleeds and had to have the insides of my nose cauterized many, many times...it's not a pleasant experience...sorry you had to go thought that.
#3 of 4 Old 10-04-2005, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Comfrey salve has also worked well for me.

You could also snip off the tip of a vitamin E capsule and put the vitamin E oil inside your nose on the raw areas.

Mama to Munchkin  and Chickadee ...and co-parent to 3 additional bundles of energy!
#4 of 4 Old 10-04-2005, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I live out in the middle of nowhere, and I can't get any salve around here. So I ordered some this weekend, it will be here sometime this week. In the mean time I might give the vit E a try.

Thanks,
Sandi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page