help me quit my addiction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-14-2006, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just can't seem to give up the clorox wipes in the bathroom.i don't want to use them any more but i need some sort of replacement.i just love being able to wipe down the sink or toilette real quick.what can i do instead?please help me kick the clorox habbit.i know it's bad.

i would like to make some sort of solution to pour on cloth wipes and keep them in a box but will they get moldy?

thanks for any help.

#2 of 10 Old 01-14-2006, 07:48 PM

Not sure about wipes, but a MDC Mama gave me this recipie & I LOVE IT! I went to the swap meet & got a $1.00 shami & cut it up into wash cloths. In a spray bottle I put water, a glog of vinegar & 10 drops each of Tea Tree Oil & Grapefruit seed extract. I am now a cleaning goddess! I use it everywhere, floors, counters tables, shower, sink, toilet. Give it a try. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#3 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the recipie!i'm going to give it a try.i've got to stop with the clorox!

#4 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 11:29 AM

How about a squeeze bottle or spray bottle kept in the bathroom?
#5 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM

I have a few spray bottles around the house that I clean everything except glass with. I put a few squirts of Dr. Bronner's and water.

You might like the "nubbiness" of those microfiber cloths for doinf the wiping with.........

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#6 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
every once in a great while I will get a package of target's method brand non-toxic FLUSHABLE bathroom wipes or kitchen grapefruit wipes.

If you want a reason to stop, I had a ten year old friend's daughter wipe my BABY with one (thank goodness the less chemically ones) to clean his FACE thinking they were baby wipes (which I don't use) YUK
#7 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 01:56 PM

I keep a spray bottle of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water to do quick wipe-downs in the bathroom and kitchen.

I use microfiber washcloths, and keep a "yucket bucket" in the bathroom for washing them (along with pads, snot-rags, kitchen sponges, etc.)
#8 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
Not sure about wipes, but a MDC Mama gave me this recipie & I LOVE IT! I went to the swap meet & got a $1.00 shami & cut it up into wash cloths. In a spray bottle I put water, a glog of vinegar & 10 drops each of Tea Tree Oil & Grapefruit seed extract. I am now a cleaning goddess! I use it everywhere, floors, counters tables, shower, sink, toilet. Give it a try. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
can you tell me where to buy the grapefuit seed extract?it seems like it would smell good.

i like the "yucket bucket"idea.

i guess i'll be digging out the squirt bottle and making some kind of potion to keep in the bathroom.

thanks for all the help!

#9 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The easiest way is to keep a spray bottle of some sort of cleaner and a stack of clean washcloths/rags in the bathroom (actually, keep a spray bottle and a pile of rags in any room you clean frequently!) You also need some sort of laundry hamper in each place- so instead of "grab wipe, clean, dump wipe in trash can.' your routine is "grab rag, spray rag, wipe, dump rag in hamper."

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#10 of 10 Old 01-15-2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
I'm going to try this one too! (I'm also needing help getting away from the clorox wipes Do you use regular white vinegar?

Vegan, mom to : Joe and Josh ::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page