Natural Skin Care (Alternative to OCM) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 11-11-2006, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so flipping OCD and impulsive that I just ran to Whole Foods to get the stuff I needed! Good grief, MDC has created a monster in me! It is SO cheap for the ingredients, even organic!!! I spent less than $2 on the oat flour and corn meal (2cups and 1cup). I already had the salt, but even w/ that, it wouldn't have been more than $10 total to get me through a GOOD long time (months and months, if not a year). Wow! Time to make pretty!
#62 of 72 Old 11-12-2006, 12:38 AM

Ok, got everything mixed, and did my scrub. My face is very blushed from scrubbing, but it wasn't harsh. I used more water, and it dissolved nicely. My skin feels tight, but NOT dry at ALL. It is soft and smooth. Let's see how I do w/ a few more times over the next week or 2. So far, I'm diggin' it! Can't say any better than the bs/honey concoction, but perhaps just as well or as an alternate. I loooooooove the soft microfine bs scrub, but I did feel the salt in this recipe working for me very very well. I use organic oat flour and corn meal, and Redmond's RealSalt, which is THE sea salt to get. It contains 50+ trace minerals, including iodine (naturally). It is not bleaced, kiln dried, heater, or altered w/ chemicals or pollutants. It is in it's natural form, kinda tan/almond color, for those of you unfamiliar w/ REAL sea salt. I use it in place of any salt. Anyway, I"m rambling! Awesome homemade skincare recipe, yet again! Thanks so much!
#63 of 72 Old 11-13-2006, 05:53 PM

I think I will try this on the days when I'm oily. I've been using oil and sea salt on a washcloth, and it's working great. However, there's been a couple of nights I really would have rather not used the oil. Also, my husband is normally very oily, anyway, so he might want to try this.
#64 of 72 Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 AM

subbing. I want to try this.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#65 of 72 Old 04-24-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsuribe View Post
Thank you for all the info! I've been looking for a more natural skin care routine!
me too--Thank you!!!!

Laura WAHM to Mar 03/01/05 and Evie 05/14/08, partner to Craig
#66 of 72 Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 PM

I know this is a really old thread, but WOW! I tried the recipe and it's awesome!! Makes my skin feel soft and smooth, and hydrated without feeling oily. Now let's just hope that it and some TTO will clear up my stinkin' face! :
#67 of 72 Old 05-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Wow! I just came across this thread in looking for more natural skincare for nursing/pregnant moms and it is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing all of this information! I am going to start this today!

A Blessed Mama
: :
#68 of 72 Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

ARTIFICIAL METHODS - USING MEDICATIONS AND CREAMS
There are a number of medications; creams and acne blemish treatments that can be used to reduce the appearance of acne scars. When choosing an acne scar treatment, you need to consider the severity of your acne scars, the type of acne scars you have and the type of skin you have. It is best to talk to a pharmacist or beautician who can advise you on the best type of treatment for your acne scars and skin.

Mild scars can often be successfully treated with bleaching creams that are bought over the counter. It will usually take six weeks before there is any improvement. If these creams do not work, doctors can prescribe stronger creams, which are used in conjunction with retinoid creams. The retinoid creams will also help prevent acne.

#69 of 72 Old 09-16-2008, 12:14 PM

ann marita - this is great. two questions - what is the dilution ratio of the vinegar? and 2 - do you have any advice for rosecia?
#70 of 72 Old 09-24-2008, 07:39 PM

Well, I'm glad the spammer bumped this for me to find! I have bad acne.. I've been trying everything- raw honey, bs, acv, witch hazel, and i feel like it is slightly getting better but it's not great.. I will try the salt and oat flour tonight and see if it helps!
#71 of 72 Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouthead View Post
Well, I'm glad the spammer bumped this for me to find!
Me too!

I would love it if Ann Marita came back because I'm dying to know what book she speaks of. Perhaps it's Jeanne Rose's book?

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#72 of 72 Old 10-02-2008, 11:12 AM

I am sooooo glad I found this thread. I know its old, but wow, what great info! And after reading it all (not including the pesky spammer message I ground up some oatmeal, mixed it with baking soda-added a little water & honey and ....viola! the best clean i've gotten in a long while AND my face was soft & smooth and pretty. Maybe oat flour is the way to go for us oilyskinned ladies!

I wish Ann Marita would log back in & update us on the book as well!

lady.gif Proud Mama of Lil "Big" Roc  banana.gifand Lil Roman superhero.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page