Latex mattress owners! Should I buy this? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-18-2007, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just a thought.... You might call around to your local mattress stores. I have a store near me that quotes $550 for a twin. It looks like a similar mattress.
#32 of 34 Old 03-18-2007, 12:26 AM

I've recently called all the stores I can find in my area to see if I can find something locally. Problem is finding it in 100% natural. It's easy enough to find talalay in a blend with synthetic but near impossible to find it natural.

I did find out that Latex International is the supplier for most latex. And if you find someone that orders through them, it's possible to get a special order. The problem with that is that if you special order, from what I understand, everything is non-returnable, non-exchangeable and I'm not sure if there's any type of warranty.

We drove to 2 different places and tried out a variety of mattresses. We both felt that the ones with the synthetic blend gave a much more "stable" feeling but I think that was largely because of the construction of the mattress covers. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that sturdy feeling cover with the 100% natural mattress? It seems like most of the ones I see online are a very simple construction.

Now I'm going to try to find out if anyone carries 100% natural within a weekend driving trip away from where we live (Portland Oregon) because we really don't want to buy anything without first having tried it in real life to see how it feels.
#33 of 34 Old 03-18-2007, 12:37 AM

I have just ordered a bed fromhere. I ordered the twin 'skinny' for my dd. They have them in US and Canada.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

#34 of 34 Old 03-18-2007, 12:58 AM

airmide_m - I am in Portland and looking for a mattress. I just went to Mulligan's (I think) I believe the material they use is natural. It is covered in a regular cotton linen material. It looks like normal mattress material. Have you been there. You can pm me if you want to discuss. I would be interested in knowing where you have been.

Thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page